cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Unable to log directly into Optus Webmail Portal (16 Jul 2020)

This evening (Thur, 16 Jul 2020) I noticed the additional of an additional Captcha security code on the Optus Webmail portal login page.  However, I can't login to the portal, even inputting the Captcha code.  The error message keeps saying "Login failed - Username or password is incorrect", which is absolutely not the case. My son has had exactly the same issue.  I sync my Optus email to Outlook, so I have been able to send and receive through there, so I know the email works.  However, after repeated attempts, I still can't log directly into the Optus portal on my PC.  What has changed to prevent my ability to login?

22 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Unable to log directly into Optus Webmail Portal (16 Jul 2020)

I too am having this issue this morning - I have tried different browsers with no success.  This has been occuring a lot lately and I am loosing faith in Optus after being with them for well over 25 years

I also have an issue that on my phone I cannot click on links in emails and have to go to those links and no-pne has been able to assist - very difficult to run a business when these things keep failing

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am having the same problem. Can't log in via the portal, on third party access it keeps asking for username and password multiple times before it works, then it will do it again on the next refresh. I also noticed in My Account that my payment credit card was gone from file for some reason, so there was no card on file for the direct debit. I had to re add that as well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same happening here too. Haven't been able to receive any of my Optus mail via outlook or any email apps across various devices, phone computer etc.

I haven't changed any account name or password. Not happy.

The Regal Beagle
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same here !!!  Absolutely vital for my business - so it seems I am stuffed until Optus does something to fix the issue.

Highlighted

Hi @CrowdMan00

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your web mail.

There's currently a known issue which is affecting web mail services. The fault reference is 22841747.

At the current time there's no ETR (estimated time of resolution) however our Networks team are working on having this resolved as soon as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

That's the same response we've all been seeing for the past 2 days now.

You guys need a new script writer who can detail what the fault/problem is and up date customers 

The Regal Beagle
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Exactly the same issues here.  Totally unacceptable after two days!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

we have two emails with optus and use Outlook in 365 to view them. The main email is still not synchronizing, but the secondary one is ....in fact 2671 emails came through again on that account last night, so I have to delete them all over again now, which is a pain as I need to go through them all as some I don't want deleted. My app on my phone works now for the emails as well and I can now log directly through webmail. Hopefully they will fix the issue with Outlook on Windows 10.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

This morning, Saturday morning starting to see odd emails from days ago "Filtering" through, still none of our apps email programs etc. working as they usually do.

Would be great if the Moderators here could detail exactly what the fault with the email system has been for over 2 days. Was the system hacked, been a lot of that going on world wide, are our email addresses still safe? A bit of detail on exactly what the problem was/is wouldn't go astray to put peoples minds at ease please.

The Regal Beagle
0 Kudos
Top Contributors