Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
mipefo
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unable to change password using password manager

I have an interesting conundrum. I use a password manager for all my passwords. The password I created for my account was very basic (thinking I'd change it for a randomly generated one later). However the Optus account management interface does not work with the password manager. It allows the previously stored password to be pasted into the password field but does not allow a new password to be automatically generated. I also generated a password outside of the web interface and attempted to paste the new password into the password field but it does not allow this. Anyone else come across this issue and have a work around. I'm using LastPass.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Unable to change password using password manager

Does your password follow the rules? i.e "Your password must be of a minimum of 8 characters in length, contain an uppercase and lowercase and a number or a symbol."
0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Hey @mipefo, that's certainly odd. Passwords do need to meet a certain standard for security measures and so the new replacements passwords may not be valid enough to set as login.

We would be more than happy to look into your My Account enquiry and advise further. If you could please contact our Support teams on 133 937 or via our social media channels - Facebook or Twitter, we will follow up and guide you through this process. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

mipefo
New Contributor
New Contributor

RESOLVED: I checked in with tech support. It is by design. You cannot copy paste into the password field when changing passwords so the password manager fails. Not the result i was looking for but confirmed by Optus tech support

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Just change the password manually at Optus. Update the password in Lastpass manually.