Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
DoreenW
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unable to change account number

Hi, 

I received an Optus bill email telling me that my account number had changed- after I paid the bill, I wanted to check the details on my account but was unable to do so as the account number displayed was different to the one specified in the email. Is there any way to change the account number/ details on the account page? I'm also unable to use the MyOptus app- as i can't see all my services and it says to "get in touch with the team". 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Unable to change account number

Hi DoreenW,

I've received the same for at least the last 3 months, does it say this?

Hi <Name>
Please find attached your new look Optus bill for account number 62xxxxxxxxx
You'll see there is a new account number and changes to the layout, including how GST is displayed. Get to know all the important changes to your bill and payment arrangements at optus.com.au/newbill

I'll feed this back to the billing team however based on this I don't believe your/our account numbers have changed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
DoreenW
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Ray_YC,

I tried to open the link you provided but the url says that the page can not be found. Unfortunately, I am still unable to view my details under the account number. 

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You'll need to get in touch with the team so they can take a look at what's happened.

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos