cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Joolz_76
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unable to access member services and change password on primary email

Hello

I am tearing my hair out. My primary email address in my optus account was being used to spam. i reported it to optus abuse centre ( i was getting hundereds of "undeliverable mail" in my inbox). I have 3 other email addresses with optus and they are fine.

I have raised this issue in 2 live chats now. i can no longer access this email address, the password was changed (NOT BY ME) and i am no longer receiving or able to send any emails from this address only.

i tried to log into member services to change the password for said email, but it keeps telling me the password is wrong. i cannot get it reset via normal methods because the primary email address the reset link would be sent to IS NOT WORKING. So... i contacted optus last Monday via online chat. they reset My Account passowrd- DID NOT LET ME IN. I contacted them again via live chat Monday just gone, reset it for me again and STILL CANNOT GET IN.

The customer service rep in the chat also told me she would change the password to the email account, which was great, but i never got it sent to me via sms or to any of my other email accounts, so once again i am back to square 1, i cannot access My Account and subsequently Member Services to changbe this password to my primary email account. 

I have been with optus for over 20years, i have had the same email address (primary one) for the same amount of time. It was hacked, used to spam, but now I can't access it and alot of important stuff gets sent to it.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Unable to access member services and change password on primary email

You need to keep them "connected" (aka on the phone or on chat) until you get the SMS with the temporary password. It sounds more like whoever compromised your account changed the password so they could keep spamming (by authenticating to Optus' mail servers). 

The only people who can help are Live Chat (www.optus.com.au/livechat) or the phone support crew.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Unable to access member services and change password on primary email

... or our Social Media team 🙂 

This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos