cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Unable log on to incoming mail server (POP3)

I have five Optus mail accounts.  This problem applies to two of those accounts.  The problem started yesterday - no changes were made prior to the onset of the prob.

I am using Outlook 2003.  The error message that I receive when I attempt to send a test message is "Log on to incoming mail server (POP3): Outlook could not connect to the incoming POP3 mail server because your mail box on the server side was in use".

Also, I am unable to log on to this account via Optus Webmail.  I receive the message "Login failed - Username or password is incorrect"

I am able to send message from this account using Outlook.

Any assistance gratefully received.

16 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Unable log on to incoming mail server (POP3)

This has been reported on Whirlpool, and the first poster there has just said:

The recorded message said we are aware of email problems and our techs are working hard to fix it.

Tom

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I believe that Optus must have a major issue with webmail at the moment.  I am able to log onto MyAccount which is a different password from my email but my 3 email accounts keep telling me that my password is wrong despite me knowing they are correct.

Recently there has also been an inundation of spam mail and no matter how many times I mark an address as spam, I keep getting them (up to 20 spam emails a day).

Optus have absolutely dropped the ball throughout this pandemic

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am, sorry to say, glad there are others having same issue as I thought it was just me. Spam is out of control so I thought someone had highjacked my account. Let's hope Optus can fix it soon. I have not had access since 12.30 today
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

and I have just got back in so hopefully everyone else can get back on track too
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Webmail and IMAP now working for me too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

3.26pm EST time NSW Thursday 30th July finally got about 6 emails through, and sending working. Given this is a regular occurrence of late, would be great if Optus arranged for their "Outages" site to carry information when email is out, and give an explanation as to exactly why.
I have several friends who changed passwords and various settings and now have a complete mess.
The Regal Beagle
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

"would be great if Optus arranged for their "Outages" site to carry information when email is out"

Absolutely!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your comprehensive overview of the situation

0 Kudos