cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: UPCOMING BILL REMINDER

"There should be a law requiring an opt-out option"

There is. Unfortunately it specifically allows for companies that have a relationship with you to send you communications relating to your account etc. Makes sense but I agree Optus have taken advantage and are using it inappropriately to drive profit.

There is also an opt out option. You just have to be willing to take it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@petergdownload wrote:
Amazingly enough you're almost certainly not going to leave anytime soon and will continue to endure being reminded you have a $2.20 fee coming up in 5 days. 

Just signed up with new ISP tonight, and will follow shortly with new mobile provider.  

To clarify, I'm on Optus cable which has been terribly slow lately, even basic browsing. The issue is not on my side, I'm technical enough to know when the issue is my side, and what's happening on my network.

I tried to resolve things through their chat  today, was a huge waste of time. I got bounced around 4 different people:

• Sales
  • Expert
  • Technical
  • back to Sales

finally he said I'll transfer you to an expert (again), and 30 min later nothing. So I closed the chat window and will not be back. This is all after the first "expert" assured me "we will find you a resolution". None was found.

The tech guy didn't seem to care that my upload speed was measuring 0.05 mbps today via speedtest, he ignored that and transferred me to "sales" to talk nbn plans, which also got nowhere. 

So it's goodbye forever. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

One of the great aspects of the NBN is choice. Its amazing how many people don't exercise it though (roughly 90% of households are still with the same provider they had before and that's within the just the big four). It possibly explains why Optus has hardly bothered to alter many causes of the major customer complaints despite it now being so easy for an upset customer to leave.

FWIW there's been widespread reports of Optus cable performance deteriorating rapidly as the NBN approaches the area. Perhaps understandably, Optus have little interest in maintaining and upgrading a network that they no longer own and that will be torn down completely in the coming months.

I do agree with you that the bill reminders while possibly well intentioned would be very annoying to many Optus customers who pay regularly and on time and don't need the intrusion. Hopefully your feedback gets back to the relevant department (or at least sales :o))

Out of interest who did you choose to go with in the end? Also was the FetchTV box something you wanted to keep or not of interest?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

@retro-nachos I'm sorry for any frustration caused. Regarding these bill reminders I have marked this thread as feedback for the relevant teams to review. 

If you're still having issues with your Cable service whilst you are still with us, since I assume you have already gone own the My Optus App route, please send through a Private Message via our Facebook or Twitter official pages and we can take a closer look at your service and review any notes on your account from your previous interactions with us. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

You have to provide more information about bill reminder to say its a scam or not.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Optus mod confirmed it is now official policy to send out bill reminders to customers via SMS earlier in this thread.
Top Contributors