Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Luke1982
New Contributor
New Contributor

Temporarily disabling data

Anyway I can temporarily disable any further data from being used this month as during a recent blackout my cell data was mistakingly used and they keep automaticly topping me up for amounts of $10 which will take awhile to pay off.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Temporarily disabling data

From what I understand you can request data be turned off any time you wish however if it's just for the end of this billing cycle why don't you disable it on your phone?

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

The (unavoidable) auto top up system is one of the worst aspects of Optus IMO. You're exposed to up to $1500 a month. 

Are you talking about a mobile phone or mobile broad band?

Legally Optus need to send you SMS when your data is 50, 80 and 100 and for every top up. Did they do this?

On your question you can ring Optus to have them turn your data on or off each time. But you can also turn off data on your device?

Peter

SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

if it is a temporately thing for this month until your data is replenish, then you can turn off mobile data from your mobile. It is a setting on your phone, so when next month come, you will  need to turn it back on. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy