Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
bryandrummond
New Contributor
New Contributor

Some Chinese characters appearing in Optus Webmail home page

Just today , I have noticed some chinese characters in the headings of the Optus Webmail page. I'm running Windows 10. The same thing happens on Apple OS system. Both OS have been sanned for virus and nothing turned up

Have tried changing password to no effect.

The emails seem untouched, just the some heading changed from English to Chinese

Please help as I don't understand the implications of what's going on

Thank you

Bryan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Serena_YC

Re: Some Chinese characters appearing in Optus Webmail home page

Hi @bryandrummond

That is indeed strange as I had taken a look and was unable to see this from my end. 

Is this happening when you open other webpages as well?

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app.

Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

bryandrummond
New Contributor
New Contributor

More investigation concluded that same problem appears on a neighour's Wins PC machine.

I found that if I hit google translate, it converts these Chinese characters to normal English text.

I've concluded that the Optus Webmail corrupts the Unicode character code set & produces these Chinese characters.

Can Optus now fix this problem with their Webmail for Chrome browser.

Thankyou

Bryan

Jono_YC

No worries @bryandrummond I'm glad to hear that.

As we're always looking to improve the Webmail service, I'll be sure to pass this onto our relevant teams to review. 

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos