cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Service Number

Does not accept landline (optus) number
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem, it will not let you access account or any services unless you link a service regardless of wfether you want to or no, I dont , I just to check my internet plan, I dont understand the necessity of having to use a mobile app check an internet account where i should be able the internet ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

What do they accept 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Glad Iam not the only one. Wish someone from OPtus would enlighten us 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am having the same problem, I dont want to link any service, i just to check that my new NBN plan is the one i chose. I dont want an app, i want to use the internet to check an internet account as i have been able to do with various providers for 36 years,

It wont accept Optus landline number or non Optus mobile number

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same here. Kept my Virgin Mobile 0421 number and it won't register! App won't open my account and just directs me to the website!! Round and round I go - over 14 months now. 😠 Spoken to several support persons and none of them had a clue. Bought a new phone - nope. Asked question on here - no response.
Clearly I am not the only one. Has ANYONE been given any answers?????
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

I know it's not a great experience, but you will need to contact us for this one guys.

Our Social Media Response  team can setup your My Account profiles from their side. I'd really suggest giving them a shot.

You can message them on Facebook or Twitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Why should we have to open yet another form of communication instead of the ones that are already there ? . You dont answer the phone (""get the optus app"" is steadily repeated as well as "contact us on our website") the longest wait i have had is 4hrs and 50 minutes when i was cut off as it was 7,10pm, SO i got the optus app after having to get a new phone (has to be ios11>) and guess what, after registering and trying to open "My Optus" i was told "Sorry we cannot access our services on your app go to website" . What a joke (and a bad one)

I did all this to try to find out if i was put on the correct NBN plan and thought it would be easy to log on to my account and see what services i had, (i was being cut off gaming sites every 15 minutes for 2 days) But to no avail,

After 1 1/2 days of being cut off, resetting modem etc, actually getting hold of tech support (only took 2 1/2 hours) and them testing the line , again to no avail. BUT wonders of wonders , after another 2 hours i got customer support and magically everything worked after i asked "have i been put on the $90 with speedpack" plan ? and waiting for another hour while the information was found and it was confirmed, from that moment on the internet never cut out , running three pc's on different game sites, downloading on Foxtel , everything smooth. Just a coincidence you might say (i wouldnt)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

where can I find the service number needed,
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Same here, After  my experience of 8 1/2 hours to actually get a response on the phone and the continual repitition of "get the app" , i got the app , but only having to get a new phone as you have to have ios 11 > to use it, So very fast response from Vodaphone (and yes their online chat is working) and phone delivered in 2 days. Tried to use the app and guess what it tells me "Sorry about this" "We are unable to display your service on our app please log on to our website to view your services" , I think some fool must have read Catch 22 and used its logic to run the Customer service department.

0 Kudos