Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Barfly
Contributor
Contributor

Seriously??

Optus marketing is relentless.  The mail, emails, and texts just don't stop.  So I opted out of all forms of marketing.  Or so I thought.

I got an email today telling me I had received a private message in the Yes Crowd forums.

So I go through the process of logging in to find that it is a marketing message pointing me to competition to win a Google Home.

If I sent 5000 pm's to members pointing them to a competition (whether it was run by optus or not) I would be instantly banned for "spamming".  So my question to Optus is in what universe do you think this is ok?  

To me it is just yet another way that Optus has shown its lack of respect for me as a customer and for my preferences.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
What do I know? I'm just a paying customer.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MiCCAS
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Seriously??

Sorry to hear about the trouble you've had!

I've escalated your post to a staff member to review

In the meantime, I'd recommend disabling notifications via the following link.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-subscriptions%3Anotification-settings

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button 🙂