Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Scam email

I have an email from an address supposedly from a noreply at Optus com au that it has recognised some illegal traffic on some accounts. I have no idea what they are referring to.

I am provided a login button which supposedly directs me to Optus Fraud Avoidance Dept.

This is the message

Following our protection rules and given nature of your account, our anti-theft algorithm needs the account holder to undergo the ip address validation process.This is a simple yet extremely important procedure allows us to enhance security and stop fraudulent attempts by reducing the number of IP ranges able to access your account.

What should you do?

Simply log in to your account down below from already approved system.

I smell a scam.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Scam email

No need to inhale. Treat ANY email with a button or link to anywhere as a scam. If you feel it might be legit then make your way to the business via your own steam (go to there website or call etc.)

The quality of fake emails is getting very good lately. Excellent graphics, no spelling errors, most links work as the should, etc. As an aside a recent AirBNB scam was very clever. The scammers made real listings of great places at really low prices. Obviously people booked. But then they got an email saying unfortunately the place was unavailable but their was another place they had listed on AirBNB that was also great and just as cheap. The provided link took you back to AirBNB and sure enough it was a great deal and people booked that in instead.

The trick? The email link didn't go to AirBNB but a fake version of it. Payments went direct to the scammers.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Scam email

Hey Mvan,

Please see our help and support page: Reporting hoaxes, phishing or scams 🙂 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos