Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Peta80
New Contributor
New Contributor

Scam SMS

I just received an SMS from *****saying : We still didn't hear from. To avoid service restrictions please visit **********   to confirm your details... 

This link takes you the "Optus" login page.. It looks amazingly genuine.. the only problem is that I'm prepaid... hmmmmm 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nard_YC

Re: Scam SMS

Hi there, @Peta80. Thanks for raising this with us. The link you posted definitely isn't from us and is indeed a phishing scam. To protect others on Yes Crowd from clicking that link, I've hidden it. 

To report a scam, we recommend heading over to our Scam Page for instructions. There are also resources to ensure you have up-to-date info on different kinds of scams as well as how to avoid getting scammed. 

Hope this helps! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

You should't click on dodgy/unknown links as there is not only the scam potential but also malware.

If you are curious as to what type of info they are trying to get out of you, other than your login details, see https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Scam-text-message-still-doing-the-rounds/m-p/626518/highligh... .
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Nard_YC , rather then deleting the link you should just be adjusting it so thats its not clickable. Its extremely valuable for other people to be able to see the dodgy link so that they can know what to avoid and how to spot similar dodgy links in the future.
0 Kudos