Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Retaining Optus email without Optus account

I currently have an Optus email address I would like to keep and have wi fi with Optus mobile broadband however I have found a much better wi fi deal with another network, which Optus cannot match not beat. If I cancel my Optus wifi will I loose my email ? My cell phone is on another network
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Retaining Optus email without Optus account

Yes you will lose your email if you don't retain an account. Maybe a free account with Yahoo or Google would be the go?

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Yes you will lose the email. Optus has this policy precisely to make it harder to leave. In practice you should set up an email account that doesn't depend on any RSP.

Its not hard to do if you do it ahead of time. Have a read through on these steps

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks that’s a shame but I under stand
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply shame though
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I actually don't understand it myself given the easy money Optus could be making with say a $5 a month charge to retain an email account.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I agree. That would also be a positive customer service rather than a punative one. I can only assume Optus have crunched the numbers and found that the current approach results on more profit from people staying than a small ongoing engage would make.

They've made a similar decision with Fetch boxes. Instead of people coming to own them or having the option to buy them Optus charges a monthly rent and if you want to leave you need to give it back.