Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Refused chat transcript from live chat

Why is it NOW policy to refuse to give a transcript of your live chat? I can not think of a better example of Optus support failing it's "yes" custommer service. WTF is going on here why would you do that as policy ? They gave me a reference number to the chat but that is not good enough I need to read it not play 20 questions with the next person. Shame on you "yes" Optus.

I had been in chat about an hour (mainly waiting for the other  person to go hunting for the info), so  I wanted the entire chat to summarise, discuss with another support section by email and keep discussion for my own issue tracking. 

In addition to aggravating me with that, when  I was typing a long reply having to stop gather some information (fine for them to do it but not when I do it) the chat ended.  In the middle of me typing the reply I must have reached some timeout threshold and the chat was "ended" and the feedback form presented to add to the insult to the injury. Guess what - you got a zero rating for that for kicking me out of chat.

I read another posting from a few years back indicating live chat  transcript were given on request. Even further back my  last need for "Live Chat" (2013) sent me an excessivley formatted transcript.  I think they used do it automatically on disconnect like Apple, IBM and other professional comapnies still do. This is quite useful in complex problems especially if a connection drops (or TIMEOUT)  and you have restart again with a new live chat person.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Refused chat transcript from live chat

I use cut and paste to preserve chat.

I noticed one chat time out, if I didn't reply within a certain time. It's important to type OK when they say something. or, even "shfhgbdb"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Today had another online chat this time gave me a ref # when I asked and the asked if I would like copy of chat transcript emailed, so was is the policy?? 

BTW, the transcript they send obfuscates any email, and transcript reference number  - it could make it hard to follow in some cases so copy and paste during chat has some advantages.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just wish the chat system sent a log and reference # when it ended either intentionally or by accident - even a button to request transcript would be useful, but I guess Optus wants to make customers angry when connection ends because "Yes we can".

0 Kudos