cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Prepaid Plan Early Payment to Continue Service

Why does Optus system not allow you to nominate a payment date for manual on line payments, so that you can prepay at a convenient date, rather than only on the expiry date.

If you pay early you lose the days due until expiry, if you pay late you lose the rollover of data and mycredit.

I am not interested in Direct Debit.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Prepaid Plan Early Payment to Continue Service

Hey @JoData123. You can recharge at any time you would like online or via the My Optus App. We don't have a way to nominate a manual date or anything like that you would just log on the day you were wanting to recharge and process that. We do also have an Expiry Extension available on our Prepaid Epic Data plan option which might be more suitable for you.

If you weren't setup on that we can organise that change for you with our Messenger team via the My Optus app

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Good question. It does seem unreasonable that Optus remove data you've paid for just because you want to buy some more. FWIW direct debit arrangement can be unilaterally cancelled at any time.

But the answer might be to look around. There's a lot of options in the prepaid market. For example Belong uses the Optus network and offers 10Gb a month for $25 with unlimited data banking (so your data never expires)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Unfortunately its a common scummy industry practice. It serves no other purpose then to try and screw the customer out of data/credit/time

In Optus' case their "solution" is to nudge people to their Epic plans rather then fix the inequities in their other plans.

I'm in the exact same boat with another telco where my credit expires very soon but I can't pay early without loosing days.

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

HI @petergdownload, I am pretty sure Belong uses the Telstra network.
Top Contributors