cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: What are PRECONNECT charges on my prepaid usage?

Hey @AliG81, send through a private message confirming the information @Shauna noted above and we'll take a look 🙂

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

The same issue... I write this at 1.35pm on Sat 15th Sept. According to my account (on line) I am charged Preconnect 2.3GB at 7.55PM , IN OTHER WORDS 6 HOUR FROM NOW. Not only that I am not a Netflix (what the hell is SVOD-NETFLIX) subscriber but always get hit with a small amount of data use for it. In any case, 2.3GB for a few emails . .  no Youtube etc etc is a joke.

I thought Optus was great when I signed up but not now. Their billing is not clear . . . doesnt make sense. The online chat is also hopeless, cant answer basic questions. (I suspect it is a robot)

Get your act together Optus. Clarity and transparency should be your point of difference not confusion. Telstra is starting to look good . . . . . .

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @walkalotbob - happy to take a look into this for you. 

Can you please confirm your mobile number, full name and DOB via private message?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Preconnect

We have the same problem with fraudulent charges to our 4G WiFi device.  We have burned through 50GB of data in the last month virtually all of which was not due to our usage but was from PRECONNECT and other spurious charges such as the netflix charge mentioned above. Our actual usage is probably less than 5GB during that time.  It appears someone is stealing our data.  Can we get reimbursed for the stolen data?

All users should stop recharging their devices until this problem gets fixed. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Gentle-Ben, can you confirm the details via private message as Shauna has detailed above?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I can provide my personal information, but I'm a new user and I don't know how to post a private message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Sorry @Gentle-Ben we should have provided a link. You can private message me here

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Guy,

I have already replied to Shauna regarding this matter.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

Wondering if it was established what the "Preconnect" charges were for? Have had approx 20GB in the past 4 day deducted from our prepaid device,

thanks

Matt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have over 10GB data used up on preconnect downloads. WHY? 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors