Transferring to NBN provider iiNet - need to know actions required of ME. I have received a txt message asking for confirmation that iiNet is the provider of NBN. Yes I wish to have my landline (02) 9938 4334 ported to iiNet.
Please confirm that this request has been actioned. Thank you.
Next Please advise that Optus Billing to my current Optus Account 6220 0722 908 will cease with immediate effect.
Please also advise what actions are required of me regarding the Optus Fetch Box and Modem - if they are to be returned - how and to what address.
Please respond in writing via email to me at : hidden
This is a public forum, not a help desk. No one can see your account. That said the public can be helpful:
1) Is the SMS from Optus? If you've answered yes then that should automatically progress.
2) Optus will issue a final bill once the transfer is complete. Porting the number should automatically close your service but do contact Optus and request/confirm directly
Contact via twitter or facebook.
3) Your bill will be pro-rated (so you'll get a refund of unused days in this month). Note if you've left toward the end of your month then its likely you'll still get a usual bill and then get another one shortly after that re-crediting things as needed.
4) You can keep the modem. You must return the Fetch (or be fined). You need only return the Fetch unit and remote. Again contact Optus directly and they will send out a paid satchel to send it back in (take a photo of the satchel and numbers)
5) If you like the Fetch unit you can buy one direct from FetchTV for $300 off eBay (only buy from Fetch). That unit is yours to keep forever and usable with and RSP.
7) PS you may be charged the remaining on the modem ($250 max but less $6 for each month you have been with Optus) - that's if its a new 4G backup modem.