cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Please cancel inactive account

I was receiving a credit notice for $16.33 for an account which is now closed. Rang last month, or messaged, and have had the credit sent to me by cheque. However, today I received notice of $0.00 for that account. Could you please delete this account. It is xxxxxx. My name is xxxxxxx. My phone is xxxxxxx

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Please cancel inactive account

do you answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

please reply to xxxxxxx

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

You will need to contact Optus directly, not via this is a public forum. I suggest you remove the account & phone numbers from your post.

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

How did you miss all the bold red warnings not to post private information on a public forum?

I'd suspect the $0.00 bill was the final one sent to confirm the account closure (usually it says final somewhere on the bill).
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Jenintaz, just a heads up we have hidden your personal information on our online public forum. We take your privacy very seriously. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to refer to the → Community Guidelines.

When there is a credit balance and a refund cheque is issued then customer will get one more final bill to confirm the refund was processed and that the balance is now $0. You won`t get any bills moving forward.

We don`t have access to customers account on this public forum. If you want us to double check then you will need to speak with our billing team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on  1333937 - Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm AEST to look into this for you. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos