cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Steven_YC

Re: Optus emails not being delivered to hotmail addresses

Hey @ChrissyAlm - thank you for sharing this.

Based off this thread and the reports, the issue seems to be resolved as we have not had chatter. Do you mind me asking when you noticed this happening and is it to every single Hotmail or just a select few? Did you get a chance to raise this via your My Optus App? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
suehealey4
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This is NOT RESOLVED!!!!

NOthing has changed and it is still a major problem.

I cannot email hotmail addresses,

I think leaving Optus is the only answer.

No suggestions have worked.

0 Kudos
suehealey4
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

definitely still an ISSUE!!!!!!
0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Hi @Suehealty4, thanks for getting back to us. We're sorry you're still experiencing the same issue. We recommend contacting our Technical team via the Messenger site and requesting them to add your name to the problem report 23794902. From there, you will receive updates when they come available. Tina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Steven_YC

My apologies about this, It seems I loaded the incorrect ticket.

I can confirm that our team are still looking into this and are awaiting for results from the investigation.

0 Kudos
angier
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I first raised this issue on 26 May.  I have been given two 'parent case' numbers 23794902 and 23819883. I received a phone call on 1 June from Tech Support advising that the issue has been under investigation since 21 May.  As it is now over 3 weeks since first reported, can this problem be escalated please.  It affects emails to hotmail and outlook.com addresses (both Microsoft products) and happens regardless of the application being used to send it (as tests using Optus Webmail have shown).  Potentially, there are many thousands of Optus email users who are unaware that the problem exists because the emails are not returned as 'undeliverable' and at some point there are likely to be serious repercussions because important emails are not being received.  The intermittent nature of the issue adds to the problem.  For info, I have sent emails to two hotmail addressees for the past week with the following results.  6/7 June - emails NOT RECEIVED; 8/9 June - emails were RECEIVED; 10/11/12/13 June - emails NOT RECEIVED.  Please don't ask us to contact Tech Support again - the issue has been raised and clearly articulated by a number of users here and is supposedly 'under investigation'. Can we get a progress report on this forum please?

0 Kudos
suehealey4
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I double that from Angier!

There doesn't seem to be any investigation??
0 Kudos
Tina_YC

I understand this situation has caused you some frustrations, @angier and @suehealey4

Once we get an update from the relevant teams, we will get back to you here. Tina.

0 Kudos
ChrissyAlm
New Contributor
New Contributor

I noticed it a couple of weeks ago when I was informed by parents they weren’t receiving my emails. It is intermittent- some go through & some don’t. It was still happening as of yesterday. Thanks
0 Kudos
angier
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Can we please get an update on this case - now raised over a month ago? Case numbers 23794902 and 23819883.

0 Kudos