Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
suehealey4
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus emails not being delivered to hotmail addresses

The problem still exists for me...I tried (as they suggested) to send from webmail, but these don't go through either. Also I never get a non-delivered message...it always goes through as sent...but then I find out it never has been.
hmmmmm.
0 Kudos
Ness_YC

We appreciate you conducting the suggested troubleshooting, @suehealey4. In this case, we'd like to check your email service configuration. For privacy reasons, we welcome you to message us via the My Optus App with the impacted email address(es). The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

angier
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Sue, as you say, sending an email from Optus webmail did not work either.  I have spoken with Tech Support who were not interested in my particular account details nor specific emails for them to investigate, but have raised a general case for further investigation with the number 100477450 which the agent was quite happy for me to quote on this forum for anyone to reference with regard to this problem.  So, I'll keep checking over the next few days with various test messages, and hopefully we will get a reply here.  Regards, Angela

0 Kudos
Casey_YC

Hi @angier

I see you've raised the case with our Senior Experts, so they will be in touch with you directly to discuss this further. 

Just to let you know, this case is linked to you and your ID information. So this means that others are unlikely to be able to provide it and get information. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

suehealey4
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

tech support about as supportive as a limp lettuce leaf!!
Casey_YC

Hi there, @suehealey4

It's not good that you've had this experience with the Technical Support team. 

If you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details of your enquiry and the team can look at getting this raised to a Senior Expert for further investigation. 

angier
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've just had a call from Tech Support who advise that this issue has already been under investigation since 21 May with a 'parent' reference no. of 23819883 so this should be used in any related queries rather than the reference number I advised in yesterday's post.  So, at least we know that the problem was confirmed some time ago.  I was advised I'll receive a call once resolved, so I'll wait a few days and follow-up. 

0 Kudos
proietti28
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

im having the same problem ,im receiving some emails but when i send an email to my hotmail account from my optus account it doesnt arrive.

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @proietti28, are you using an email application like Outlook, Windows mail etc to use your Optusnet email? If so then can you first login into Webmail directly → here and confirm if you are able to send emails. If you are able to send emails then it is the settings in your email application.

We had some customers come through where instead of Outlook or Windows mail they changed their email application to Google mail. And changed the security type (Port settings) from SSL to TLS. And then try send an email to confirm it works.

Outlook will not allow to edit or switch security type which is why we use Google mail.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
proietti28
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi I’m using outlook I did go in and used Optus mail but it still wouldn’t go through to my hotmail account
0 Kudos