Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Psycho1960
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus emails not being delivered to hotmail addresses

I'm another who can vouch for being affected by this problem. Neither Webmail nor my normal sending method through Outlook (including safe mode) will work for Hotmail. I can receive messages from Hotmail accounts but my replies or new messages fail to be delivered - without notification. Fortunately it's not commercially critical for me so I have just used a different provider for any Hotmail recipient. But after using Optus for more than 20 years of emailing (and internet/phone provision), it would be inconvenient to switch everything over. Of course if I did switch there would be no need to keep Optus as NBN/internet or telephone provider. Mind you, this occurred many years ago with Hotmail, using an educational institute email service, so it's probably their error. We had to request students not to use Hotmail as quite a few messages failed to arrive.

0 Kudos
Psycho1960
New Contributor
New Contributor

As I have had no reply for more than a day, maybe I should have worded my previous post as a specific question. Here it is:

Does Optus recommend that all its email clients also subscribe to a rival email service provider, such as gmail, so that they can communicate with people with hotmail addresses - as Optus is not able to provide delivery to hotmail (and possibly other email services) for its subscribers' emails?

0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

Hey @Psycho1960. I'm sorry to hear that you have had some troubles with your Webmail service.

At this stage, Optus Webmail services are compatible to send and receive emails from all different clients and services eg: Gmail, Hotmail etc.

Just to clarify, have you tried to send emails to Hotmail web addresses via the Webmail website? If not, we recommend trying this out. 

If you’re still needing assistance with this matter, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Psycho1960
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you @Kyri_YC . I don't want to appear discourteous but a look though this thread over three months now would show that the issue is not the one you mentioned (whether "Optus Webmail services are compatible to send and receive emails from all different clients and services eg: Gmail, Hotmail"). The issue is "Optus emails not being delivered to hotmail addresses" - as the title of the thread says. Anyone can send an email. The issue is its non-arrival and the absence of any delivery failure notice.

Not only that, the issue was escalated to higher support levels months ago (see case numbers in previous posts) and has not been resolved. We users are still waiting for some news on this. Can you find out what's happening there?

As for using the Webmail website, all previous posters have already stated this has failed. In agreeing with them I thought it was clear that I too have found this.

I, and, I'm sure, other users, would still like to hear an answer to my question: should we just use Gmail (or indeed hotmail itself) instead of Optus to send emails to the addresses that Optus is unable to deliver to? Even a direct reply email to a message from a hotmail sender fails to get through.

As a 20+-year Optus customer, I'm considering ditching all Optus products and informing my network why I am forced to change from an Optus email to another.

0 Kudos
Kartika

Appreciate where you are coming from @Psycho1960 however we don`t have access to fault or customer reference details on this public forum. You can double check your Optus email settings → here to confirm they are all correct. If the issue still continues then you will need to speak with our support team via the → messaging service to look into this for you. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
angier
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Dear Contributors on this thread,

As I began this thread 3 months ago and the problem is still occurring, this morning I have emailed the Optus VP Networks requesting he escalate the issue with his team.

Regards,

angier

0 Kudos
markrob51
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have been having the exact same problems as everyone on this list. Not sure how long it has been a problem, but I have just become aware of it as I have been organising my mother's funeral and non-arrival of some messages sent to hotmail addresses has caused significant problems. I am staggered that this thread has been going for three months with no resolution. I use Mail on iMac, iPad & iPhone. I tried webmail, but no joy there either. What is wrong with you people at Telstra? This is Australia, which used to lead the world in communications technology. PLEASE FIX IT ASAP!!! NOT HAPPY!!!                                               

0 Kudos
jafortuna
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am having the same problems and they aren't taking me seriously. I have a business account and i ma just find out form my customers that they haven't received my emails. It's @live and @hotmail- all the others receive my emails.

I am at my witts end!!

0 Kudos
gregm001
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Same issue emails sent a friends optus email account are intermttantly not being delivered to my outlook email account. The email appears to send ok, with no error messages, but probably about 10-20% are not delivered, they are not in junk folder. Sender / reciever are not changed, email address is correct. No bounce or fail message, email just no deilvered.

0 Kudos
angier
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Dear Contributors,

Since I emailed the Optus VP Networks a couple of weeks ago, I have been contacted by a Senior Expert from the Customer Resolutions team here in Australia, who has advised me that while the problem has been escalated, they are unable to provide a rectification date.  She said that it has now been escalated to the 'leadership' tech team.  I suggested that if Optus cannot sort the issue, it is at least incumbent on them to advise all their optusnet email users of this ongoing problem so that we can make other arrangements.  I will email the VP again this week as I think there are potential legal and compensatory issues if they are not providing a service for which business and personal customers are paying.  But the key thing, firstly, is to inform customers of the problem because I presume many thousands are unaware.  Regards

0 Kudos