Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus customer service is the worst I have ever seen

I signed up for a postpaid leasing plan one month ago which povides 40GB for only 100 dollars. It sounds attractive. I contacted Optus online sales team via online chatting. The sales person was nice as I am going to pay money. He gave me a contract to sign. I read the contract, it shows I will have 30GB data instead of 40GB. I asked is there any minstakes. He said the 10GB is bouns that does not show on the contract. I believed and signed. Then nightmare started.

I got my leasing device and tried to active my new phone plan. I contacted customer service via onlinen chatting. The service representative said it is actived and required 48 hours check the app. I did and nothing happened. I contacted them again. Same reply. It last about 2 weeks and I contacted them again. That representative found out that my plan was still pending. I wonder what did other representative do. They baiscally talked to me and did not do anything to solve my problem.

Well the last representative actived my plan and I only have 30GB. I asked where is another 10GB. She replied it will come next month. I belived.

Now I started my second month of my plan and I still have 30GB only. I contacted the customer service to ask why. The reply I got is "As you contract shown, you have 30GB data but not 40GB". WHAT??? Are you saying the sale peroson lied to me?

I keep trying to explained my concerned and she said she will raise this case and I am required to wait for 48 hours (As they always say). Before I close the chat, I asked them to send me the transcript. She did sent me the conversation recorded via email. But the funny thing is you know who I am as they always ask for my information to confirm. I assum they have all mypersonal details but htey are just not trying to check. Well I did wait for 48 hours and nothin happened. 

I contacted customer service AGAIN. I explained my concern AGAIN. I said if you cannot see my concern note on your system, I can send you my previous transctipt to help you understand better. She replied she did not see any note that states my recent concern. So I wonder did the girl just talk to me and promise so many things to me and did not do anything?

This representative promised to solve the case and asked me to wait for 24 hourse (finally it is not 48 hours). She sent me the transcript via email that contents all her promises. But still, after 24 hours, nothing happened.

BTW, my boyfriend is experiencing the same problem as we signed up this plan together. The more hilarious thing with him is, he got 32GB for the second circle. When he asked why, the response was "You signed up before this plan was out". Do you really think we are that stupid to ask for something we should not have? Even the plan should be 30GB, but why he has 32GB? By the time he contact Optus, the promotion was still selling 40GB but in CIS is wrriten 30GB.

I highly recommand people to aviod Optus. Personally, as I jsut start this plan, I will not stay with Optus once my contract is finished.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus customer service is the worst I have ever seen

Sorry to hear of these issues getting your marketing offer. Typically these are added to your account by the second bill, but I can double check the terms and conditions on my end, and escalate to our marketing team if not completed.

All calls/chats are recorded so we will be able to verify the offer and make any necessary adjustments if required.

Shoot me a private message with your phone number, full name and DOB. I'll make sure this is fixed up asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus customer service is the worst I have ever seen

I sent you the message.

0 Kudos