Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Neggers123
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Member Services - obsolete SSL version

Hello,

When I click on Optus Member Services - which takes me to this url - https://memberservices.optuszoo.com.au/myaccount/

I get the following message - 

This site uses an outdated security configuration, which may expose your information (for example, passwords, messages or credit cards) when it is sent to this site.

NET::ERR_SSL_OBSOLETE_VERSION

Please advise next steps.

Thanks,

Tony

0 Kudos
9 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Optus Member Services - obsolete SSL version

Optuszoo was shut down years. You need to use either MyAccount or the My Optus app.
Neggers123
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for prompt reply.  This is the url you are directed to under "member services" after you have logged in.  Got this error today.  I want to be able to send an SMS over internet.  Before you provide snotty replies perhaps you could do some research first?  Just a thought.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Your snottiness is showing and you are the one that needs to do the research. http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/optus-zoo-closure
Neggers123
New Contributor
New Contributor

Then why does Optus website - TODAY - link to this website.  All I want is someone from Optus to help me and give me a solution.  Do me a big favour and butt out of my problem unless you have a solution.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

If you only want to talk to someone from Optus then don't post your questions to a PUBLIC forum.
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Neggers123Looks like you did NOT read the info on the main yes crowd page snippet blow and especially the Community Guidelines page as your attitude violates it IMHO:

Note: This is a public online forum.

Yes Crowd cannot access or view customer accounts/orders.
Please don't post your personal details as per our Community Guidelines.

Aman_YC

Hi @Neggers123 - Thanks for reaching out to us here and sorry for that hassle.

Optus member services is only available for our legacy services/accounts mainly Optus TV by Foxtel or some other legacy Internet connections. 

If your Optus account numbers starts with a 6 then you should be using only My Account.  The Member services link is an old link that uses 

Please feel free to message us here to use our Live Chat  for more details on this.

If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media (Facebook or Twitter) account then please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use  Live Chat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Wow, take the time to provide a succinct and correct answer (twice) and some people still feel entitled to rush to rudeness.
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Tony,

This functionality to send SMS via Optus Zoo was decommissioned and is no longer offered.

It seems like a few people are still trying to access this service, I'll ask to try and provide some clear messaging that it's not available anymore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos