Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Optus 4G Wireless Broadband Excess Data

Hi When I look at my Account under data usage there is a paragraph

"If you exceed your total shared data allowance, we’ll add an extra 10GB for $10."

When I click on the Manage Data Link there is an option for endless data or
"Automatic 1GB for 10AUD
Automatically get 1GB for $10 when you reach your data limit."

I am enquiring what is the correct option please?

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AndS
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Optus 4G Wireless Broadband Excess Data

Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@AndS  Hi thank you for the reply. I saw the endless data message. I just want to know if I exceed my monthly quota and don't opt for endless data, what is the correct charge.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @Tigers1719 - Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

With all our plans be default you can get the data top ups and the top us is added as soon as you use all of included  data. 

If you want you can select endless data option as well and with this you can continue using data but the speeds will be limited to  1.5Mbps.  Once the billing month ends your speed will be back to normal (from the first day of new billing month).

I hope this helps with the confusion. You can click here  for more details.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then Optus on Facebook or on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Aman_YCThank you for the reply. I messaged support and it they were not able to answer my question.
All I want to know what is the correct data top up figure is it $10 for 1 Gb or $10 for 10GB.
As per my original message depending on what page I look at on my account I get the two different figures.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @ TIGERS1719 - We'll have to check your plan terms and details for that.

If you contact our messaging team via the My Optus App or on Facebook or on Twitter then we can assist with this. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Aman_YC  As per previous reply I did Message the team and they were not able to help me.

I am an Optus user.
Aman_YC

No worries @  TIGERS1719.

Can you please contact us at Optus  Facebook or Twitter 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors