Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No home internet connection from 27/3/20

Hi from 27/3/20 I hav no internet in my home. I tried 3 times and phone was hanging more than hours. Still I’m trying to contact with customer care but same problem. I didn’t understand how can I massage you. Please let me know how can I contact with opuses .
Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: No home internet connection from 27/3/20

You're doing it. Wait times are hours at the moment at Optus. Overseas Call centres have largely been shut down. All you can do is keep waiting and be thankful service restoration is one of the 4 priority things Optus is trying to fix at the moment.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey @Foysol22_bd

Did we give you a fault number for your reference, or are you waiting on the activation of brand-new broadband service? Whilst we are focusing on handling critical enquiries, it's still going to take to a bit of time for us to get through each and every one. 

If you haven't already,  you can try our Social Media team on Facebook or Twitter. They're a 24/7 team working at of our Melbourne office. They're also dealing with an influx of enquiries - but if you leave send them a PM or DM, they'll get back to you. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

we experiencing the same
no internet it appears that my service has been disconnected!
called and messsge optus many times but no luck.
internet is really critical for work and home schooling
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Follow the suggestions is all you can do:

Currently getting through to Optus can take a VERY long time. Call centres have generally all been closed. Optus are also generally prioritising service issues (no connection or phone) and financial hardship. Its expected that Optus will re-credit things like late fees or backdate cancellations if you can't get through until later on. Depending on the issue you can try the following:

Slower: Write to the official complaints address and your requirement will be dealt with in due course (If you want to cancel for example Optus will backdate charges to the dates in the letter)

Customer Relations Group, PO Box 306 Salisbury South 5106.

Faster (Perhaps): Dial 133 937. Mon - Fri: 8am - 7pm (AEDT) Sat: 9am - 5pm (AEDT)

Don't press 1 and hold the line, you'll either be on hold and get through to someone or get the standard IVR to enter your service number and follow the prompts and press 3 to cancel. Times can vary from a few minutes to many hours.

Alternatively: Leave a message in the Optus Mobile App (If possible) or try Optus Twitter or Facebook sites.
0 Kudos