Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: New look forum

I'm not totally clear on what you mean, Yeldarb. Like having an "Answered" board alongside the "Unanswered" board on the landing page?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

No the Optus Sport and sub categories such as Optus Sport discussion still exist, it's just for now they do not have a featured icon like TV & Entertainment, 5G, etc.

For the time being to get to the Optus Sport discussion board I click on the English Premier League fixtures thread under Trending and then Optus Sport discussion once there.

The spacing issue is something that we're trying to get fixed. 

Each user should be able to go to their own profile settings page and set their preferences such as the order in which posts are displayed, how many topics on each page, etc.

All good feedback for @AlistarS and myself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Under your profile or your posts it displayed the last person to comment on the posts you have been engaged in. This new forum shows nothing and subsequently the only way you can tell if someone has responded to a post is to go through every post one by one. If you enable email notifications this would create double the work as you still have to sort through those before coming back to the forum.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Yeldarb I've always managed my posts via email. In GMail they all turn up on a seperate tab. Added to that are a few rules to automatically delete notifications that aren't needed (kudos, Online Community Manager, answer, etc.) Then the only posts to deal with are ones where someone has replied (with a link that takes you to it.) As a plus I get a heads up in posts that might be two years old but someone decided to revive - now the sorting doesn't bring those back to the top of the list anymore that's handy.

Peter Gillespie

Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ahh yes thank you, the last user to respond was displayed on the right hand side. You're right, that was handy. I'm not sure if that's something that can be restored but I'll certainly find out.

Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yes I understand you use the email notifications Peter as you did mention that earlier in this thread. I am not against the notification system I just simply did not need to use it on the previous forum as all the information I needed was displayed on the one Optus forum page. In addition to that Yahoo mail has blocked Optus on that many occasions I can not rely on it.

This big block system already shows less information per page than the previous forum and removing the information on the last person to post makes matters even worse. 

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

That was two months ago Yeldarb. 😀 I guess I am starting to repeat myself. I only mention it as a possible way to patch the some of the forum changes (ironically it also flagged what I thought was an improvement in the forum which was then subsequently removed). Check out white listing domains in Yahoo, it exists but no idea if it works.

Peter Gillespie

Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Any luck  

0 Kudos