Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

New Credit Card details

I have direct debit. My credit card has been renewed. I updated my new expiry date, but optus had no area to update the new CVC number. Is this right.  

8 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Credit Card details

Is the CVC the same as your old card?

Edit: Excuse you did say it was new. I would be having word with billing on the link below as that does seem odd.

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yep that,s what i thought, I spoke with Optus after going through BS menus, but still unclear as to why the new cvc was not asked for, as others update required it. Will try agai with your link Thanks.   

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hmm I don't recall ever being asked to update my CVC when updating my expiry. The My Optus app also has the live chat feature if the link I posted doesn't work for you.

Highlighted
Blog Author

Hmm, I'm not to sure about this one.

How'd you go @coneman?

Were chat able to confirm that we've received the updated credit card details? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No I have given UP. I will not go through another phone call , going through the most ridiculas menue options, (why not give an option to talk to an operator). Any way the answer is NO. I have done all I can to update my credit card details. The internet links for Questions do not seem to work for me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I shoud state I filled out the optus New credit card details, and Yes it confirms new expiry date. Maybe that is all. But a new CVC number is on the card (others required this new number) Do not understand Why Optus does not require this.%. I talked to an opertaor and basically said it is not needed. Will see how the next bill goes,, if it screwes up,,, I.ll hit the roof........ 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I have merchant facilities myself and I don't need the CVC to process a card. Maybe all this frustration is for nothing. Smiley Sad

Highlighted

Hi @ coneman - Apologies again for the issues you've had. To check or update your details please click Here and follow the instructions. Please note It can take up to 24 hours for My Account to show the changes you have made to your direct debit. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy