Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

MyCredit Balance issue

I am new to Optus. I have a pre paid mobile and I charged my phone with $30 a couple of days ago, it's been barely used but on My Account I see:

•  
    MyCredit is running low

"Your MyCredit balance is $0.00 and will expire on 27 June 2020. We will roll over your unused MyCredit if you recharge on or before this date."

Is this information to be taken seriously, or is it lagging in time? Surely it is NOT $0.00 because I can still make phone calls.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated,
George001

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: MyCredit Balance issue

Hi George001,

Suggested first step would be to view your Prepaid service's usage.

Easiest way is to do so via the My Account portal.

Once registered and logged in, click the yellow View Details button on the dashboard landing page under where your balance is displayed.

On the next page, scroll down and click on the View Detailed Usage link.

You'll then see where your credit is going, usually it's due to Internet Browsing.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I am in My Account, and it continues to display:

"Your MyCredit balance is $0.00 and will expire on 27 June 2020. We will roll over your unused MyCredit if you recharge on or before this date."

I know this is NOT correct as I only recharged it Saturday and barely used the phone, it's the "$0.00" I do not understand. Why is it not showing the correct amount I have left, I cannot keep on top of it if I can't get accurate information as to how much remains in my account?

Very confusing.

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I understand your balance says $0.00 but the instructions were to view your usage to see how it got to $0.00. That should provide the explanation you're after. We don't have visibility of your usage here on this public forum.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks again for your help!

I did check my Usage, and as I wrote my real time usage has been negligible. Below is what is displayed when I check my Usage- if there is some other page that's shows me anything different please let me know:

"USAGE:
MyData 102.4MB Used / 2GB
MyData Rollover 0 Used / 2GB
MyMessages UNLIMITED
MyTalk UNLIMITED

Judging from this there is no way my balance is ZERO. I can still use the phone, so I am still in the dark as to why I can't get an accurate credit balance. I just switched from Virgin Mobile where I was able to get a credit balanceand know exactly where I am in case I need to recharge before I run out.

Thank you,
George

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi George, 

You'll need to view your Detailed usage as per my original response. Not overall usage. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

With all due respect, I have done this.   I have gone into the 'detailed usage' and it doesn't shine anymore light on the issue aside from telling me how many minutes I spent on each call (perhaps 90 minutes total and I have UNLIMITED number of calls on my pp plan), and the Data totals up to the same as the overall usage.  The only change I see is that MyCredit now says $0.12, rather than the "0.00"

Unless there is some secret page or section that I cannot find, I have given all the information I can see in My Account on the website.

"...Recharge - Recharge E-Top Up
Credited to
04:31 pm
MyCredit
$0.12
Credited to
04:31 pm
MyMessages
UNLIMITED
MyData
2 GB
MyTalk
UNLIMITED"

George
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi George,

I'm afraid I can't guide you any further from here then.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi George,

I'm also new to Optus, on Unlimited talk/data/text mobile PP plan, and I'd just found out that I cannot send any text messages to another Optus customer as myCredit is 'Nil'. I cannot call up customer care as its after service hours. 😞

Highlighted

Hi ChonkyMoggy,

If you're wanting to speak with us outside of normal business hours we suggest messaging our 24/7 support team via the My Optus app

0 Kudos