cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Harry_50
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: My optus emails not being delivered to hotmail.

I am suffering from the same issue.
Unable to send from my email client or Webmail.
No error messages, and Hotmail not filtering to junk.
No returned "not delivered" messages.
Messages in 'sent' directory following sending.

0 Kudos
KarenD74
New Contributor
New Contributor

M having the exact same issue - any outcome?
0 Kudos
e36m3
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm experiencing exactly the same issues. Clearly not isolated to an individual user.

0 Kudos
Brucemax
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am suffering from the same problem.
The difference from Harry_05 is the Hotmail addresses are in a CC list.
When the email is sent to the hotmail address separately... some do get it !!!!
Unable to send from my email client or Webmail.
No error messages, and Hotmail not filtering to junk.
No returned "not delivered" messages.
No delivery receipt ( despite getting this from others)
Messages in 'sent' directory following sending.
0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hi there @Brucemax, I recommend running through the steps in our Webmail troubleshooting Guide to see if this resolves the issue you're experiencing. 

If you continue to experience any difficulties, please send our Technical team a message via the My Optus App or our Messaging page so they can take a closer look into this for you. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
gregm001
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Having the same issue: but with outlook emails.

Email being sent from a friends optusmail account, are only intermittantly been received at my outlook account. The emails just appear to vanish mid flight without trace. No error messages.

There is no change to the sender / receiver configuration, emails are correctly addressed and they do not end up in junk email folder. They are not deilvered.

0 Kudos
e36m3
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus has advised me that the problem affects Hotmail, Outlook and another isp also.
0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @gregm001 just to confirm are you having issues with your Optusnet email or your friend? From what you have mentioned is you are not receiving emails from your friends Optusnet email account which means it is your friend who needs to double check his →  Optusnet email settings or try basic troubleshooting for further assistance.

Not sure if Hotmail supports this however you can try set up retrieving emails (import) your Optusnet email into Hotmail. You will have to go into your Hotmail settings to confirm.

If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the → messaging service to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
gregm001
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Plesaed to meet you Kartika.

The problem is intermittant, happens for a couple of days, then no problem for a couple days. There are no error messages, the email never arrives.

It is rather odd, friend sends email to group of five people from his optusnet email account - I do not recieve this email to my outlook account.

His sister (usually) or other family member does a reply all, and I recieve the reply all messages to my outlook email account. Which includes the original message.

I use outlook as my primary email service.

Its obviously imposssible for me to tell whether the issue is on Optus send or Outlook  recieve side.

Have checked my blocked addresses, in fact I have cleared them.
The header from the original email has my correct outlook email address.
Emails do not arrive in junk folder and are not in deleted folder.

0 Kudos
Harry_50
New Contributor
New Contributor

I can confirm all of the observations from gregm001.

This problem is intermittent, unpredictable and the intended recipient can never know when they did not receive my email, and I am unaware that the email has failed.

All Optus settings are as recommended, and the Outlook end has recommended settings.

0 Kudos