cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
suehealey4
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My optus emails not being delivered to hotmail.

I have several important clients who have hotmail addresses. I have only just realised that my emails are not going through, even though it immediately goes into my SENT folder successfully.

I can receive from hotmail, but not successfully send.

Any suggestions please on WHY this is happening??

#hotmail

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Aman_YC

Re: My optus emails not being delivered to hotmail.

Hi @ SUEHEALEY4 -  Thanks for reaching out to us here and really sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your email. 

Can you please confirm if you can successfully send from your Optusnet email to Hotmail when logged in to Webmail from Optus.com.au.  if this works then it could be the issue is with the third party client you are using and to fix that I'd recommend setting up your email there again.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then Optus on Facebook or on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

suehealey4
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

ok thanks I'll try webmail!
0 Kudos
Aman_YC

No worries @suehealey4

Please let us know if you still need a hand. 

We are available 24/7 at Facebook and twitter and feel free to contact us there. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@suehealey4You may want to have a read of the following thread to see if it is of any help as it may be a similar issue you are having:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Optus-network-on-Hotmail-blocklist/td-p/410220

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @AndS - This is an fault from 2018  that was resolved.

Recently we had some issues with the email security server and that is not fully resolved. But if you login using Optus.com.au then your emails should go through. If there are not then please contact our messaging team .

AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Aman_YCSo you are saying that the issues earlier this week with the SSL certificates not being renewed before they expired is impacting people sending emails to a hotmail address from client apps on their PC/MAC/Phone?

0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @ ANDS - Your emails were all going through before this incident? 

Please can you try to send emails from webmail at Optus.com.au and see if these work and then contact us at our Facebook or Twitter page so that we can assist. 

0 Kudos
suehealey4
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The emails do not go through to hotmail addresses using webmail either. What can you suggest? This is really not good. I will have to leave Optus if this cannot be resolved.
0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @ SUEHEALEY4 -  We'll have to investigate this and refer to our senior techs. 

Unfortunately, we don`t have access to customers account on this public forum.  Please contact us at Facebook or twitter so that we can assist. 

Top Contributors