Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
mikeyjames2
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

My Account Horribly Slow - Script Issue

Hello,

This has been an issue for quite some time but gotten to the stage lately that 'My Account' is pretty much becoming unusable.

I have Firefox, Edge, and Internet Explorer with a perfectly stable 100Mbit cable connection. Every other website works fine.

I can log into 'my account' okay and see the basic info, but when I try to get info on an individual service I get "retrieving your information" and it gets stuck there for ages. When it finally does show the info none of the links on the page work; it's essentially frozen.

On Edge and Internet Explorer I get a warning message, "optus.com.au is not responding due to a long-running script" and on Firefox, "a web page is slowing down your browser"

Given this is happening in multiple browsers, it is obviously an issue with the Optus website.

I have cleared caches, cookies, and history and it makes no difference.

As stated, this has been an issue for a couple of years. Just wondering when Optus plans of making their website user-friendly?

Cheers

Mick

27 Replies
RASM
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: My Account Horribly Slow - Script Issue

Just be thankful that you can actually find details - I cannot get that far !!!!!!!!!!
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Mick,

Thank you for raising this issue.

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details and screenshots. The team will be able to contact our My Account team and hopefully try and resolve whatever is causing this to happen.
I'm afraid it's not something we're able to resolve here aside from advising internet browser troubleshooting tips.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
PlaidRabbit
New Contributor
New Contributor

Tagging this as solved with this non-solution is offensive to the community. On top of that, you have pushed the problem back on to the user, rather than actually attempting some customer support.

For what its worth, I have similar slow script problems with the Optus website. I notice that the problems disappear when I run Safari in Private Mode. Is Optus mining my internet history without my permission?

DannyW
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have had this problem for a while as well, Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. Over an hour to pay my bill 😞 I don’t understand why OPTUS support is not paying attention to this issue, clearly many people have it. Please - PLEASE - can someone look into this?
-273kelvin
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same problem.

Help desk suggested clearing browser cache, made no difference. How can you seriously mark this as solved by simply saying ask somebody else?

DannyW
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I’ve logged a formal complaint with Optus. I have a case number and have had a few calls. It is with the web development team.
regulator
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

AGREED every month I go to the bill page then wait for my browser to unfreeze so I can pay my bill! This month it wouldnt work on chrome or Firefox I gave up then got a late reminder with a link that actually works where it just asks account, amount and card number. PLEASE FIX THIS
smileykyls
New Contributor
New Contributor

0 Kudos
smileykyls5150
New Contributor
New Contributor

OMG i just came to ask if it was just me!!!! The OPTUS website is a complete joke for a communications company. I can't do a damn thing on it no matter what browser I use. For goodness sake will you please do something about your website!!!!!!!

Top Contributors