cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live / Cool4mob scam

I agree as well . I will be lodging a complaint.

Where I work I am not allowed a Mobile at work and I only have a few hours of free time each day to try to sort this out. I have sent several hours over the last few days trying to either contact a live Optus person or trying to access their fabled barring premium sms facility. I managed to evevtually get a possibly helpful person on their chat line who has promised me that, not only are all premium smses barred on both my mobile sim and tablet sim but that I will be getting a refund to my account. I live in hope.....

If this had been the initial response I would now be a happy customer. At the moment I have simmered down to a very sceptical and disgruntled customer,

As you have said, premium smses should be barred by default. Why does a company want to destroy it's primary business for minor commissions from scam artists. This is not adding value to the product chain but siphoning it off.

I notice that the Optus moderators have suddenly gone silent while the Optus business reputation gets trashed on it's own forum.

For those of you that have been promised a refund less than that which you paid, have you considered that the difference might be the Optus commission which they are keeping?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just did talk text and the response was that third party charges are enabled on every Optus account and when I asked fir a zero balance on my account I got no reply- I have been charged fir three months and get no response from any 1300 number Optus provide - if it isn't an opt in service why do I have to pay when I never ever asked for this third party service- not at all happy Jan!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just did talk text and the response was that third party charges are enabled on every Optus account and when I asked for a zero balance on my account I got no reply- I have been charged for three months and get no response from any 1300 number Optus provide - if it isn't an opt in service why do I have to pay when I never ever asked for this third party service- not at all happy Jan!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @Katinka - Would you be able to send through your mobile number, full name and DOB so we can investigate? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Can we file a class action agaisnt Optus?

i know others this has happened to and not one person has come back and said "oh i did subscribe to this".

Optus should be remediating this immediatly,

this occured on my ipad which has NO text messages.

Optus refund my account end of story and you can follow up with this mob on the behalf of all your customers and try and get a refund from them at your cost and time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @hi2chris if you've been impacted by unwanted premium SMS charges please feel free to PM the full name, number and date of birth attached to the account here →http://yesopt.us/pmphil and we'd be happy to help out with this.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes, I have the same problem. 

My teenage son has been scammed. 

His phone was broken for 7 weeks yet we were still charged $90 for these 3rd party cool4mob subscription that he never actively or intentionally subscribed to.

Shame on Optus for allowing this and not blocking these companies. Customer service are useless too. 

I will NEVER use Optus again. Terrible company. 

Big loss with 7 phones in the household. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey Mumof5, so sorry to hear about this. Have you filed a dispute to get your money refunded? Feel free to send me a private message so I can look into this for you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi there, Thus exact thing is happening to me. I feel very silly for not scanning my bills more closely..Cool4mob have been charging me as content services through Optus for months 😞 Can I ask how your issue resolved? Did you get your money back?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey @Gofish35  - sorry to hear you've been impacted by this! Can you please private message me? We can definitely look into this one for you & turn this around 🙂 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors