cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live / Cool4mob scam

Hi @Ostrich, you can set the spend limit in My Account. Instructions are here → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/custom/page/page-id/IntelliArticlePage?id=1761&typename=BROWSE&keyw.... You will alo need to dispute the charges directly with the Premium SMS provider. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, however that link doesnt explain how to switch off the premium SMS service and barr future costs.

Can you please let me know for a data/share sim (post paid) how this works?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@Ostrich - If you login to your My Account profile, you can change your content spend. Data sharing SIM cards and most mobile services which are capable of being billed have a content bank wherein premium content can be purchased. Premium content services can range from competitions, music, games, etc... depending on what the subscription itself is. Happy to take a look for you can place a barring on it if you're still needing a hand with this - please PM us your full name, DOB and service number.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi ,

I have just seen my bill and been billed by cool4mob for 3 weeks at $9.09 excl GST. This is also on my data only ipad card so I could not have received any confirmation SMS. Just had a total fruitless "Chat" with Optus help who was total useless.

How do I get this to stop? Do I have to cancel my credit card? I did not authorise Optus to start charging me another $10/w without asking me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Just check out the stuff I wrote (@RDV57) on the previous pages @XYZ99. I tried to be as detailed as possible. Always try to speak to a human is my advice. Good luck!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I went through online help channel, got hold of a very helpful person (kate) who reduced my premium service limit to $0 across all services, AND put in a request to the cool4mob to contact me for a refund.

Can highly recommend trying that channel.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Guys,

Where do I find this online help channel. The Chat service was totally useless and unhelfpul(even if polite). In one day I have gone from a fan of Optus to hating it. I cannot understand how they can enable a ripoff service and then wash their hands of it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I am sorry, still waiting for the phone call from Optus.... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@domdom - Apologise to hear. I've just requested another call back for you. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

i have the same problem - charged $77 on my last bill with an arbitrary entry - content services. 2 *9.09 on my next bill as well. 

optus have now apparently barred premium content on my service (which i have never used or authorised) as my plan is also a data only sim plan used by an ipad. 

optus also refused to provide me with particulars of how and when this content was charged - simply telling me to check my internet history. optus also curiously admitted in writing that providers can be 'sneaky' when charging these fees but put the onus on me to know what i'm signing up for. 

i highlighted my concern for other users and noted that optus must surely know this company is a scam - but optus refused to do anything about it and have left the ball in my court to dispute it. 

it's now been 48 hours with no call back from the provider. 

if this isn't resolved with a credit to my account or a (very unlikely) refund from the provider i'll be making a complaint to the TIO. 

i too have gone from a fan of optus to potentially taking my business elsewhere as a result of their response to this issue. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors