cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: MIA Sphere Live / Cool4mob scam

A further update: the call-back from Cool4Mob never happened. What a surprise! I then called the "Helpline" associated with the charges on the Optus bill and persisted in waiting for 30 mins before speaking to a human. Lesson to others - do not leave a message and do not request a callback - it won't happen (I tried a couple of times). The helpline gave me an email address to contact to dispute the charges, so I dutifully sent through my details - and received no reply (shocker).

So I followed this up again with Optus via phone outlining this, mentioning that I had no option but to complain to the Telecommunication Ombudman .  I have today been informed that I will finally be credited in my next bill to cover the incorrectly made charges. The Optus staff member said that apparently Cool5Mob have actually credited me, which is a surprise. 

My advice is to persist, dispute the charges with both Optus and 3rd party and complain to the Telco Ombudsman. You might get lucky like I did.

The fact is that this whole thing is clearly a scam affected many customers. How is it that Optus allows a data-only SIM, which can't send or receive SMS, to be subscribed to a premium SMS service? Optus know all about this dodgy state of affairs and essentially are letting all but the most persistent customers get scammed. Utterly shameful. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I received this email and made a phone call 1300 791 015, a lady pick up the phone and mention I can get the refund, just send an email to claims@1300support.com. I still waiting for the reply. My first bill it charged me $20.00; my next bill is coming soon, and will charge me extra $40.00. I have contacted with optus, the staff said I need to make the payment first, then contact the third party and claim the refund later! Not helpful.

Thank you for your email.

Your subscription with Conversion Traffic B.V has been terminated.

In regards to a refund, unfortunately at this point we can only assist you with removing your subscription. Please contact our customer support service on 1300 791 015 to discuss your options.

We hope this information has assisted you in your inquiry.

Kind regards,
1300support.com

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@domdom - Thanks for letting us know, I'd be happy to look into this for you. Would you be able to send through a private message with your account details, full name and DOB? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey Domdom - as I mentioned yesterday it'll take 24/48hours for the call back to happen. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I too have been scammed by this company and after contacting Optus this morning to question the charge, I have now blocked all Premium Services on my account to prevent this happening in the future. Whilst the customer service representative was very helpful in assisting me, this does nothing to help in the fact I've paid 5 x $9.09 for a weekly service that I did not sign up to or authorise. I have little hope of recovering this amount through the Third Party.

Whilst I understand Optus is "processing" the charge from this Third Party operator, judging by the amount of customers in a similar position to myself, it would be nice to see Optus putting in place another level of security or confirmation that customers had indeed signed up to these types of services before charging them.

A quick search of these forums can find complaints about this particular company dating back to December 2015 (there may be more - it was a very quick search). So for nearly 18 months, this company has been making unauthorised charges to Optus accounts yet nothing has been put in place to stop this? Is that good customer service on Optus's part?

Please Optus, support your customers to avoid these unauthorised charges. Many of your customers may not even know they are being charged - I only discovered it as my set price monthly mobile bill was different.

Your immediate action on this matter would be appreciated by many.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I will wait for it. ^.^ 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Thanks Ya - I can see your friend Domenic engaged our Care4Me Customer service team and they've already barred the service and educated you on how the Premium content provider will be in touch directly to discuss the charges. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi

Yes, dominic help me and made the photo call for me. My husband is using the prepay number: 0434510976, however he don't speak English. If you can help, can you make the note for the customer team and call my number 0452516820? I am sorry for the problem. Dominic said just wait until Monday, someone will contact me.

Buy the way, Optus retail store is not helpful, but you guys are awesome!! I keep contact with different people and try to solve this payment issue, a big thank you to everyone, Esther,  Gen_R,  Miles_R and Shauna

Thanks again!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

No worries at all - Dominic has raised this and a member of our Care4Me team will be in touch next week 🙂 Any issues let us know! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

hi, i just noticed these charges on my data share only plan ( it doesnt even receive sms'es, its in a mobile wifi device).

tried ringing optus but its late, will try again in morning. woukd be good if you can block premium sms on my acct too.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors