Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Lost simcard overseas

Hi theree. I'm currently in Vietnam and just lost my simcard. As I need my number to do some online transactions. Is there any chance to get a new SIM while I'm there? 

Is it possible that my cousin goes  the local store to get a replace SIM card for me or get it posted to my residential address. Then someone can send it to me?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Lost simcard overseas

Hi there,

Sadly Optus can't resolve this issue while you're OS as you need a direct interaction with them locally and with a Optus AU sim. The best that can happen at the moment is get the sim removed from the system. 

This is won't help you know but I've always found if you stick the unused sim in a (non static) plastic bag it gives it more body and harder for it to go missing as by gum those nano sims are small.

As for the online transactions, I wonder if you could set a new local number... mind I would imagine if it doesn't have a +61 it'll fail equally for security reasons.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

You should be able to set the old SIM to forward calls and SMS to a new SIM online (or contact Optus)?

Get a local SIM and point your old SIM to that number.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @Johnie - very sorry to hear of the situation, we also apologise for the delayed reply to your post. If you're wanting a replacement SIM, we're not able to send them overseas we can however send them to your residential address. If you do have a family member who then sends you the SIM, then that is also an option 🙂 If you're coming back to Australia soon, you can also pick up a replacement SIM at the airport. If you are using a local SIM, we're not able to forward calls or SMS from your Australian number to the international number. We can help you if you're needing a hand 🙂 Please shoot me a PM, please send the message via here with your mobile number, full name, DOB, and the delivery address. Gen 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.