cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Junk BOT Mail ?????

Dear Optus Support, 

my wife is receiving these messages from OPTUS (?) and this occurs every few weeks and 1000s arrive in her inbox. Her address is clearly shown in the message. 

in the last 24-hours over 10,000 have arrived. 

This is obviously some sort of BOT-Mail infection that is sourced from/through OPTUS. 

We repeat, that this is not the first time that this form of message has been sent to this eMail account. 

We have marked the message as Junk and so now the messages re going directly to Junk. But they are still arriving. 

This is clearly an infection that is sourced through OPTUS and as such we are greatly aggrieved that  we are receiving these messages. 

There is very little we can do but mark them as junk and then begin the laboriously process of deleting them. as the provider of this service what mechanisms do y9u have that can identify these messages, the source and delta the sender? 

We vigorously expect some resolution from OPTUS on this matter. 

the content of the message is shown below. 

In attempting to send this message the OPTUS seems has removed all text that identifies mailer daemon with the @ optusnet . com.au references. I ned you to explain this. 

this was the error message: Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
Date: 17 September 2020 at 16:06:38 AEST
To: hidden

This is the mail system at host mail104.syd.optusnet.com.au.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<hidden>: host mx02.mail.icloud.com[17.57.152.14] said:
   554 5.7.1 [CS01] Message rejected due to local policy. Please visit
   https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204137 (in reply to end of DATA command)
Reporting-MTA: dns; mail104.syd.optusnet.com.au
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 67654826DA5
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; hidden
Arrival-Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 11:06:43 +1000 (AEST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; hidden
Original-Recipient: rfc822;hidden
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mx02.mail.icloud.com
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.7.1 [CS01] Message rejected due to local policy.
   Please visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204137
Return-Path: <hidden>
Received: from [192.168.0.5] (unknown [114.72.54.211])
by mail104.syd.optusnet.com.au (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 67654826DA5
for <hidden>; Thu, 17 Sep 2020 11:06:43 +1000 (AEST)
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="Apple-Mail=_D900B837-6262-4FF1-8BC6-AC134333D7A0"
Mime-Version: 1.0 (Mac OS X Mail 9.3 \(3124\))
Subject: Fwd: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
Message-Id: <hidden>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 11:06:43 +1000
To: hidden
X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.3124)
X-Optus-CM-Score: 0
X-Optus-CM-Analysis: v=2.3 cv=IuRgj43g c=1 sm=1 tr=0 cx=a_idp_d
a=qTlD3VyvhU1IorbWi3fuzQ==:117 a=qTlD3VyvhU1IorbWi3fuzQ==:17
a=RSmzAf-M6YYA:10 a=PO7r1zJSAAAA:8 a=v3ZZPjhaAAAA:8 a=t-IPkPogAAAA:8
a=quxZdd2VokG0_Q8bCh0A:9 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10 a=0QEFWXfKLckA:10
a=ZuT0KRhqVQ_d3Z16Y8YA:9 a=TeDXYkPcjQIbEmyn:21 a=CjuIK1q_8ugA:10

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Junk BOT Mail ?????

The Optus email service is pretty much what you see is what you get.

I suggest you look to migrate to a non RSP dependant email. Its a bit of a hassle but security, features, spam, account control, storage size etc. are all much better. GMail is free and would be my suggestion. If you ever try to leave Optus you can keep your GMail account but you'll lose your email account.

Hey @SGCar, not great that you're receiving this spam through your email. We have an internet security guide  that I recommend you check out. It provides some more info on how to limit spam and how to report spam. 

If you do require any further assistance, we're happy to help you out. We would just need you to send us a message via the My Optus App, Facebook or Twitter so we can securely verify your details. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jack, We "don't" use Facebook or Twitter!!!! 

We value our privacy and our security, which is why these 10,000+++ Bot Mail SPAM messages are completely unacceptable. !!!! 

The fact that your only suggestion is to use these two interfaces is really part of the problem. 

Yesterday, I took your advice followed the "internet security guide" and followed the instructions, and tagged the over 10,000 remaining SPAM messages in my wife's account by clicking the 'report SPAM' tag. 

Today, more + more messages are still arriving. So your strategy just does not work!! 

Spending hours using the Optus App and sending text messages back and forth is NOT a solution.  However, I will try it. 

at this point seriously considering cancelling our OPTUS subscription. 

0 Kudos

That is completely fine @SGCar, using Social Media is just one way of getting in touch with us.

As we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd. We do recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

Alternativly, if you need quicker support, you can call Technical Support on 1300 300 427. They are available between Mon-Sun: 8am - 8pm.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

thanks George, been in touch with a person on the OptusApp. Let's see if it helps. 

0 Kudos