cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Alken
Contributor
Contributor

Ive changed my plan and Optus still charging me for old plan even though i dont use old plan

ive changed my plan .I paid it in advance on first bill for old plan .Why is Optus still charging me for old plan even though im not using it .

Im really angry Optus cant sort out their billing ,

Its a waste of time calling by phone .’

I visited the Optus Store Capalaba and told to pay the bill , will never use their store again .

If Optus dont fix this i will i will cancel all services with them as they dont have customer support and worst communicators in the budiness 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Ive changed my plan and Optus still charging me for old plan even though i dont use old plan

Optus billing can be fraught. Basically they look to fix up issues after the bill is issued though. Note you can only sort bill issues online or on the phone. Not in a store.

First bill change overs are always complex. Bills are prorated. Bonuses not yet supplied. Etc. Suggest you wait until you're second bill to see how it shakes out. Then call Optus of you need to (yes it's a long wait)
Alken
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Ive changed my plan and Optus still charging me for old plan even though i dont use old plan

Optus billing needs to get its act together. I'm sure now the pandemic is over cannt use that exuse any more.
Optus is full of lazy non customer related staff
0 Kudos
Kartika

Sorry if you feel that way @Alken. When a plan change is done the Optus app / My Account will reflect the new plan details after 48 hrs. With the bill the new plan details will reflect depending on your billing cycle and when (date) you did the plan change.

The billing cycle is on the top right hand side of the first page while month in advance charge is on page 3 where customers only pay the plan fee in advance. When a plan change is done on the next bill you will receive a prorated credit of the month in advance of the old plan, prorated plan charge for the new plan and then month in advance of the new plan.

For e.g. If you bill cycle is from the 5 - 4 every month and you change your plan on the 15th (mid bill cycle) then on the next bill you will see prorated charge of old plan from 5th to 15th, month in advance credit of old plan, prorated charge of new plan from 15th to 4th (bill cycle end date) and month in advance of the new plan as well. This does not mean you are currently on the old plan. The Optus app and My Account will confirm the new plan. Hope this helps.

For more clarification please visit our → Billing Help and Support page. Alternatively, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter  with the details for further assistance. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Alken
Contributor
Contributor

@Karika .

Mate Dumb answer and i dint need to read any guidelines to state what Optus is not doing 

0 Kudos
Alken
Contributor
Contributor

your an idiot 

0 Kudos