cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Is this a Scam text ?

Today I received a text message with a link...that look like a scam.

Optus: We still didn't hear from you. To avoid further issues with your account visit https://optus.com.au.submit-cloud.services/  to confirm your details.

the link took me to a page requesting me to log in and then asked for my details. Na me, address, mums maiden name and phone number. Also credit card info.

i didn’t give them my credit card info but I did give them my Optus user name and password to log in. I have changed my password now but is my account safe? any help on the matter would be appreciated, thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Is this a Scam text ?

Its definitely a scam.

You should log back into My Account (Using the official Optus link of course) and make sure that they have not changed any of your details, especially contact email and phone numbers. If they changed either of those two then they could potentially use the changed details to try and get back into your account.

You should also contact Optus directly and let them know what happened and get them to confirm that there have been no new orders/purchases made on your account.

Did you end up giving them your mums maiden name?  If so then you will be in a much larger risk if identity theft.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Forgot to mention. You should also forward that email to [ abuse @ optusnet.com.au ] so that Optus can get to work on blocking that website.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your help. They have not changed my details. But I changed my account  email & password just to be safe. I also checked with Optus to see if any new orders/purchases have been made to my account. There has been none.

I did not provide my mums maiden name.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Good recovery did there.

Since you actually logged in via the fake link you will now probably be targeted more with other fake emails/SMS for other services, so you should be extra cautious with any communications you receive.