cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
cmtanko
New Contributor
New Contributor

Is optus+flybuys a SCAM ?

3 months ago I saw this offer link in my flybuys app.

https://offer.optus.com.au/flybuys

I ordered Medium 60GB data package, $49 and been using it for a while now. Although In the description it said takes around 60-90 days to get the points I never got the point. Hence, messaged the support and requested for the same.

The support person said I had selected for "Velocity Point" instead of flybuys. "which I don't think I did because I don't even have a velocity point account. Then requested for flybuys instead. They said,  they will create a ticket for this to flybuys. Today I got email saying, I was not eligible for the offer because I did not register from the flybuy link, but I am sure I went from the flybuys offer link. 

 

On more search, Looks like many people haven't got the promised flybuys point. Looks like a big scam for people to register for this service. 

VERY DISSAPOINTED !!!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Reply
1 Reply
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Is optus+flybuys a SCAM ?

Not a scam as such. Just a business model. Satisfy (a random) 80% of customers and make the other 20% jump through hoops (most of who will just give up and and pay anyway and not leave).
0 Kudos
Reply
Top Contributors