cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Interesting promo

Interesting promo on the Optus website tonight. I must say I did laugh at the comparison with the Outdoor WiFi. I really think Peace Of Mind data is a game changer and something Optus needs to look at.

https://smb.optus.com.au/opfiles/Shop/Consumer/Assets/PDFs/OPD0925_BYO_SIM_Discount_Table_R8a.pdf?

promo.jpg

0 Kudos
5 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Interesting promo

Yes, The outdoor wifi comparison is pretty laughable (better they left it off the list IMO)

Optus does seem to be differentiating on shared data which Telstra is increasngly no longer offering. (A big plus)

That "Peace of Mind" data is being sold at any price is reprehensible IMO. Harks back to the old silent number extortion scheme (Pay us or we will publish your number). Optus still provides its customers with no options and at least Telstra have. In this $0 deal they've actually hit decency.

Entertainment subscriptions seem weighted towards Telstra which surprises me as optus have definitely taken a content approach to customer retention.

Peter Gillespie

Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Shared data is a big issue if the devices are being used or carried separately however if you carry a tablet or laptop and a mobile together as I do you don't need a 2nd or 3rd plan at all with POM data.

Edit: The graph below from my mobile says it all for the POM comparison. With Optus just add $470 onto your bill.

pom.jpg

Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Sitting in the sun in a small country town answering question on the forum today when a message popped up on my screen. Needless to say it made me smile thinking of where the nearest Westfield Shopping Centre was. Smiley LOL

telstra-air.jpg

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

It is a bit of an Interesting choice to include the outdoor WiFi comparison. 

"unlimited' data with a speed cap vs a larger base data allowance and the ability to share data between devices.

I'm bias, but I'd prefer the latter. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I actually don't see any value in that promo and targeting Telstra by name is a poor marketing decision in my opinion. 

0 Kudos