cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've transferred to another provider, do I need to close my account?

Hi, I have transferred my number over to a different provider. How do I close my Optus account please? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Close account

Hi there,

If you number is now successfully active with your new provider, this will happen automatically. You'll receive a final Optus bill.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No you haven't answered my question as I have phoned 3 times & spoken online twice to someone from Optus & yet you are still charging me. I think you have now charged me 3 times since I first contacted you. Last time I gave you mine & my husband's full names & dates of birth, our address & even our account no.  I was asked to send your modem back once I received a special bag to mail it in. Well the bag has not come & you are still charging me. The first month I paid 3 times as our new carrier charged us a month in advance. We are pensioners & cannot afford to do this as it leaves us short & even eventually getting our money back is not compensation enough for running us short for     3 months.

Lois Stebbing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have been with Telstra since. October.

Lois Stebbing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have been active with Telstra over 2 months. I do not receive bills from Optus. They direct debit me & have taken 3 payments from my account since we went to Telstra.

Lois Stebbing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Ray Y C are you still there?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Lois, that is disappointing that the issue hasn't been resolved.

I'm afraid we can't help here on our public forum as we don't have access to or visibility of customer accounts.

Please either call or speak to someone online again and request to speak with a Manager.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors