Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
rakelsen
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I need to reset the password on a secondary email account

Hi, I've been using Optus as my ISP for almost 20 years, having switched over to Optus NBN last year.

What has happened to the email control panel?  I've got a secondary email address which needs a password reset, and I can't seem to find the means to do it in My Account anywhere.

Has this function been removed?  If so why?  And how do I do what needs doing?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kartika

Re: I need to reset the password on a secondary email account

Hi @rakelsen, to manage your Optusnet emails once you are logged into your My Account click on your profile (top right hand corner) > Member services. You then enter your primary email address / password to login and manage there. If the member services login page gives you an error then still continue by clicking on the link or try incognito mode (in-private browsing) or use a different browser.

If the issue still continues then you are best to speak with our Technical Support team via the → messaging service to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
rakelsen
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Kartika,

Many thanks for your reply, however, it didn't work. 

I tried 3 browsers, incognito/private mode, but they all give me a similar message when I try to access "Member Services" that way:

"This site can't be reached."

There is clearly a problem at the server end.

Do you have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

No worries @rakelsen. Thank you for letting us know.

As this is the case, I recommend getting in touch with our teams on Facebook and Twitter as they can try to help out with this matter further for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
rakelsen
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, and I think it's ridiculous that I should have to in order to get you guys to help.

0 Kudos
Ness_YC

I can understand where you are coming from, @rakelsen. My apologies for the frustration caused. To change your email password:

1. Go to webmail.optusnet.com.au
  2. Enter email address and current password (after a reset this is the temporary password sent via text or email)
  3. Click Login > Desktop Version > Settings
  4. In the Current Password field enter existing password
  5. In the New Password and Confirm Password fields enter new password
  6. Click Save Settings 

If you are having issues with this we can send you a temporary password. For privacy reasons, we kindly ask that you reach out to one of our Support Channels so that our friendly Support Teams so that they can arrange this for you. If you do not have a Facebook or Twitter account you can engage with us via the My Optus App, via Live Chat on the Optus Official Website or by calling 133 937 (Mon - Fri: 8am - 8pm, Sat: 9am - 5pm). 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.