Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Tinn
New Contributor
New Contributor

I can't retrieve my username. What do?

For a while now, I've been recieving bills in paper form; I'd like to recieve them electronically instead. Therefore, following the suggestion on a paper bill I've recieved, I tried to access my account at optus.com.au/myaccount.

When I got there, I found I couldn't remember my username - or even if I had one. It's been a while since I started using Optus, after all. I therefore clicked on the 'Retrieve username' link, and gave my account number and service number when requested.

Unfortunately, rather than a username, I instead got the message "We failed to validate your account with the details provided, please confirm and try again." I confirmed and tried again, and that didn't work, either.Then I tried requesting that my username be sent to my e-mail address rather than displayed on-screen, and that didn't work either.

I don't think the problem's at my end, but I've been wrong before; In any case, I need your help to solve it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
caaf
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: I can't retrieve my username. What do?

Hey Tinn,

I don't suppose you tried to register as new? https://www.optus.com.au/customercentre/myaccount/registration

Be be interesting if it then states "that email address......"

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Sojuz
New Contributor
New Contributor

Oomaar5555@gmail.com

0 Kudos
Susan1952
New Contributor
New Contributor

I tried to change password for webmail and it has failed
0 Kudos
ossiebrandariz
New Contributor
New Contributor

I cannot open my webmail

0 Kudos