cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Tedre123
New Contributor
New Contributor

I bought a new sim card for my child. This was credited to my phone instead. How to correct this?

I bought a new sim card for my child to use with his new phone. This was credited to my phone instead. Now my phone has the wrong expiry date and my son's phone has zero credit. I don't think anyone would have a solution. It just gives me a major headache that I went to the shop, explained what I wanted and ended up with a completely bizarre result.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Casey_YC

Re: I bought a new sim card for my child. This was credited to my phone instead. How to correct this

Hi there, @Tedre123

Thanks for raising this with us here. As we are unable to gather and access account information via this platform, we wouldn't be able to rectify that particular issue here.

However that said, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible and will be able to get a resolution for you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Tedre123
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: I bought a new sim card for my child. This was credited to my phone instead. How to correct this

It was my mistake as the second number was listed on my account. I didn't expect that. I was reading the wrong phone number. It is all good and correct now. Thanks.