Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Huawei mate 10 pro order

Im also curious on whats the go with people that went into a physical store to sign up to the promotion.

I signed up on the 18th December (Port completed) and the only update i have obtained about the delayed handsets is from here and on Whirlpool forums.

The store is an 1hour from me so its extremely inconvenient for me to go visit them for an update. And the fact that store phone numbers are not given out to the public doesnt help either.

I understand that the SMS update is for people who have ordered via website or live chat but what about people like me?Do i just simply wait for the store to contact me when the handset is available????

P.S Am i also eligible for my 2nd month access fees to be waived too??

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am in the exact situation as you. I signed up on 20th Dec. All I got is a startrack delievery of my simcard on 22th Dec, and optus ported my number right away. I was told I got to activate when the device is arraived. I still have 20 days left on my preious prepaid account. The most annoying is that the order is closed according to the tracking system. I called optus, they asked me to go the store, which is close to my work place. And optus said they can do nothing more to help me. I have to go to the very store I placed the order. Same as you, there is no phone number I can call the store.

I will pay the store a visit when I got back to work next week.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

highly frustrating isnt it?

they ported my number on the spot and i was on a post paid plan with a few months left remaining. my sales guy told me i would get it a week later so thought nothing of it. Now if its the 29th Jan, couldve saved another months fees from my previous provider.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I went into store just now. They find my order via my phone number.

They told me they supposed to stop taking order mate 10 from Dec 18th. I guess I am lucky that my order got in (Dec 20th). My order is somewhere in the backlog.

In stead of home delievery, my device will be delivered to the store and I will pick it up from there.

As how to call the store, I may call 133937 and try to get my call redirected to the store.

As for the one month free, this is referred as rain check police. We are entitled to a month free if the device is more than 30/31 days late.  We will have to call billing department ourself after we recieved the bill and reference our phone number.

In short, buying a phone from optus is not easy. It requires multiple visits to the same store, call numericous times.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is what I did. Since I cannot get this phone since its been out of stock for a while as an empty promotion, I simply churned to Vodafone. They also, have xmas specials, so I ended up getting a 40gb plan with an Iphone 8+ for $11 more than this phone.

Very happy with my new phone and I didn't have to wait for it.

The only thing a company understands is the $$$.. speak with your wallet, it gets by far the best results.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hey Joe, thanks for your post.

I tried ringing up Optus to get them to redirect call to the store i ordered from.

Spoke to a operator who found the store on her end and said to hold on while she re-directs call. i hear the dial tone and then heard the same friggin option menu when u ring their standard number.

man this is so annoying and since i really want the mate 10 pro, i cant simply churn to anyone else since its an optus exclusive phone!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

You can try to cancel the deal and get a phone from ebay. roughly $1000 +- $100.

Or you don't mind the waiting as I do.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

If you opt to BYO from a third party seller and go with a SIM-only plan, you can choose Huawei Mate 10 Pro (BLA-L29) instead of the Optus branded Huawei Mate 10 Pro (BLA-L09). Then you'd have dual SIM LTE/LTE model.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

OMG!!!

Ordered mate 10 pro on 16-12-2017! Received message like others from OPTUS a few days ago said I would have it on 29-01-2018.

Today, I had a online chat and have been suggested to cancel the order! ?

Are you kidding me ??? After waiting for more than two weeks??? What a customer service you have?!!!

Anyone from OPTUS could kindly help me with my order pls!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Ordered 18th got sms saying high demand.  Then got email 3rd jan saying they needed to talk to me about recent order.  Tel no. I need to ring is a recorded message !!!, can not access online chat doesn’t connect due to high demand,  still waiting....

0 Kudos