Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Huawei mate 10 pro order

Orded a few days before you but still waiting..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

To all the people waiting on their Mate 10 Pro .... keep the faith!!

I've had mine for a month and it is definitely worth the wait.  I have never been so impressed with a phone.

Other than Huawei's proprietary UI there is zero bloat on it and, other than some problems not being able to find certain settings, I've had no problems at all with it.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
What do I know? I'm just a paying customer.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Despite getting some decent follow up from Dan via private messages, I've since received a message from another support essentially saying tough luck and they have no ETA on stock.

Considering I put the order in on 14th December and have seen others who ordered up to a week later get theirs, it is extremely frustrating to say the least. Further to this, if I had known it would likely be over a month until I received the phone, I probably would've gone with another device on the $59 plan, but now any others I would've been keen on are sold out as well.

I understand the response to this offer exceeded Optus' expectations and strained both their stock and service staff, it still doesn't excuse that other than my own people time spent following up my order, I've received ZERO official communication from Optus since my inital email confirming my order was received and sent to the warehouse for processing. Surely at the most basic level Optus has a duty to inform customers of their inability to fill orders placed, whether it be in the time frame their terms advised, or at all. Beyond the frustrating of not getting the device within 1-2 days as per the advice when I signed up and the fact that it seems Optus' ordering system lacks and priority on timing of the order and just gives out devices randomly as it seems. The complete and utter disrespect for customers they've shown by not even follow up on unfulfilled orders with even a simple "We're sorry we cannot supply your device and expect it will be 'X' amount of time" email shows the competency and care that Optus has. I for one certainly wont ever be recommending optus to any friends or family again. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I also placed my orders on the 14th and 15th Dec and have been told by chat support or phone support that there is no ETA as they have no ETA from the warehouse. I walked into an Optus Store in the cbd today and they were upfront and said there is atleast a 3 week delay from order date for Mate 10 pro. So I dont think any of us are going ot receive the handsets till middle of Jan. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Looks like Optus customer service read our comments.

I received a text message from Optus with an ETA. I don't like the ETA, but it's better than being kept in the dark.

"OPTUSMSG: Hi there, due to high demand, there has been a delay with your Huawei Mate10 Pro delivery. Your new phone will be delivered by approximately 29th Jan 2018. To apologise for the wait and thank you for your patience, we'd like to waive your access fees for 1 month (applied by your second bill). We're hoping you'll stay with us but if you need to cancel your order, please call 1300 number. Thanks Your Optus Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, it only took 2 weeks to send a simple text message.

Notice it is also very carefully worded " approximately" 29th Jan 2018. So I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Thanks for the screw job Optus, I'll be cancelling.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've put my order on the 16th, and the eta on the order was saying 1-3 days.

After a call to the customer service that took 40+ minutes waiting, the claim it's out of stock and I should receive it by the week after. Now 2 weeks passed and I've received no phone, no updates, no nothing.

Even the sms that some members are talking about for eta, I didn't receive that neither 😠😠

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Ordered 16/12, have been told will have the phone within this week as they have allocated the phones last weekend accounding to the online chat. Today, have had the same message like others.. 29/1.. another one month to wait.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi there , 

So you ordered on the 10th but it was actually ordered from the 15th yeh and you're about to get your phone saying it left the warehouse ?

Reason I'm asking is because I made my order on the 14th and got a message saying I'll receive it on the 29th January today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@CedIt's not really useful to compare order date, because it's not first in first serve

I know a good number of people on other forum who ordered on the 19th, and they received their phones on the 22nd. It's stupid system.

0 Kudos