Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Huawei mate 10 pro order

@Jr3691 you've said it perfectly, they are programmed to say whatever required to make you happy, only for that moment and hoping that you end the livechat. Even at costs of giving false information to the customers.

I've been told false information numerously when I tried to chase up with my order. Was certainly not happy with the info that I've been given.

Since you don't have the information whether the phone will arrive tomorrow or next week/month/year,

I suggest to do what I did, decide a date where "enough is enough". If you haven't received the order by then, cancel the order and recommend to anyone that you know not to order from this telco.

Now that I received my phone, the phone itself is great, but was it worth it?

Maybe, if I don't have to communicate with the reps for the rest of my 2 years contract.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Wow, just reading through this thread and checked back through my emails...

Ordered online 11 December, given temporary order number.

Çontacted live chat as temporary order showed additional$30 handset repayments. Told all was ok with order.

Received email 29 December saying order had been processed, given order number and tracking number.

Now over a month since order placed and still showing waiting for stock...

Seeing orders placed some weeks later have already been dispatched is a little disappointing. My Optus sport has been activated, but still waiting on other streaming options and the additional data. 

Upgrading from Huawei Mate 8 so glad to here everyone who has received their handset is happy with it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Anyone got anything any updates? 

So after missing the delivery at work address (05/01) that was promised on the week of the 18th of December. The phone made its way back to warehouse today.

After spending every day of last week on live chat to get it re-delivered one person says 24hrs, 2-3 days, 3-5 days.. it is disgraceful. Optus can't even get Star Track to re-deliver a phone that is sitting at the Star Track Depot back to my wife. All this because she was on leave when the phone arrived and the courier would not leave it at reception (understandable). But would not leave a card. So optus decided to recall the phone back and cancel her order and re-issue her with a new order confirmation. Now tells her phone is on back order. This is beyond a joke.

She notified the TIO today. Looks like she will become a Telstra customer tomorrow.

Maybe one of you will be lucky enough to get the phone that was destined to her.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I ordered in store on Dec 20th. Anyone recieved their phone recently?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ordered mine 20th December via live chat. Still haven't received mine yet. Got SMS saying will be delivered  by 29th Jan.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Alwinnnlahh did you receive this text recently? I ordered on the 19/12 and am still waiting on my order as well but haven't received an SMS with an ETA

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi, I ordered on the 20th , and got the message on the 27th December. Call them up and ask them to honor this waiving of the second bill as most of us received them. My father ordered the same day as me but at the Optus shop and got his phone there a few days ago after he got info that his order was cancelled. He reckoned he got someone's else phone instead.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I ordererd mine of the 13th of December, and also did not receive the SMS. 

I just talked to someone on the live chat who told me that if I haven't received the SMS my only option is to cancel my order, as I will never receive the handset. I have been on the livechat many times, and every other time the person told me that it was just a matter of stock and that I will receive the handset eventually. 

Anyone receive the handset but not the SMS?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Alwinnnlahh I did get in touch with Optus in regards to the waived fees and was eventually given the same offer (once i receive my handset of course)

@Thorukikou I also didn't receive the SMS but was assured that I would receive my handset, but could not be told when stock would be available or an ETA of any sorts. I would try get on live chat and confirm that your order is still active, because I had a similar issue where my order was cancelled without my permission and once I contact them my order was reopened. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@annak Thank you, I got on the live chat and got confirmation that my order is still active. I was told they expect delivery from Huawei from the 29th of January, but apparently the live chat team is not allowed to give the same offer you received. Who did you contact to get the waiver of the second bill?

0 Kudos