cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Huawei mate 10 pro order

Keep waiting.. may be they shall be doing a lucky draw..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

FINALLY!just got a voicemail from my Optus store saying my phone has arrived and ready for pickup!!!!ALLUELIA!

BTW i ordered on 18/12.

Good luck to everyone else that is still waiting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I received my order today. Smiley HappySmiley Happy

orders on 16th of Dec.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Had a good one today, after seeing some people here have success with orders, so I followed up on live chat, who told me that they're out of stock, obviously, with no ETA.

I said that some people are getting orders delivered, have you actually received stock and run out again? And what about my 29th Jan ETA? Is that still valid?

Oh, yes we are expecting stock by end of month. But you just told me there was no ETA!

So he confirmed with the supervisor that there is now currently no ETA, again.

I wonder if any of the Optus moderators are still following this given it's been "solved"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@joshf2 It's amazing how they are able to blurt out false information without repercussions.

Aren't they supposed to obey the Consumer Law and afraid of ACCC?

Publicly stated on the website that the phones are "Available" Mid December, when in fact they're out of stock. That's false advertising

No "real" ETA was given until Late December. That's breach of contract and a possible non-delivery of a product.

The 29th Jan turned out to be false, and they don't know the timeframe for the next batch arrival. That's creating false/misleading impression.

And my personal experience,

Was advised yesterday that there is a stock for me and Warehouse is supposed to send SMS of the delivery date. Only to be told this morning that it's out of stock, and is unable to guarantee the 29th Jan ETA.

Again, that's creating false/misleading impression.

All the communications were made via online chat, therefore I have all the screenshots needed to pursue this if I have to.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Both my friend and I got the phone today!! For your info. we ordered on Dec14 and Dec16.

The phone looks good and coming with a mini HUAWEI VR camara:)

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @Ravsharma - really sorry with the experience with your order. Could you please PM me Here your account, order details for ID and I'll look into this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Did the online chat thing to see if I could find out anymore info and got told my order had been cancelled and I had to order again. Surely they can't go cancelling orders at their end without customer approval?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

Hey @Jezphillips,

At any point had we confirmed that the order was going ahead? Did we ever send you a 7 digit tracking reference? We'd never sent you an email or SMS requesting any additional documents from you? You're more than welcome to send through a PM with your order details. I need your full name, DOB and mobile number. We'll double check this for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I would've assumed that the confirmation that the order was going ahead happened when I signed the contract? I signed up instore so didn't receive anything via email or SMS, I just received the invoice at the time but no further info has been requested.

I've sent though a PM, thanks for following it up.

0 Kudos