Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Huawei mate 10 pro order

I also have 2 orders on wait - 1st on the 15th and 2nd on the16th Dec. Both itmes I was told that I would get the phone in 2-3 days. But now after checking with thier Sales Support Team on Live Chat, there is no ETA. When I called them and finally got through after 30 mins wait., the CSR girl on the phone started shouting at me and telling me that why would Optus lie to me that they have phone in stock and not deliver. You can cancel your order and go somewhere else. All this only for asking for a firm ETA for a phone I have ordered a wqeek ago. This is clearly pathetic customer service from Optus to a long standing 5 year old customer.

Reading all the other ocmments here, I dont think I am going ot get either phones before the new year.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yeah I have been watching my partner lose her marbles every night on live chat.. she is borderline cancelling the order as she was told. 2-3 days before she put the order in on Monday night.. it's interesting Tuesday and Wednesday night they told her there was stock.. last night they said out of stock.. I've never seen such lies.. jus tell the customer a realistic time frame so they don't get their hopes up.

So she's now considering the telstra $59 Pixel 2 deal... She could walk instore and walk out straingt away  and cancelling her optus sim only plan which runs out July next year. She's got enough saved copy of live chat transcript and evidence to out in a formal complaint and get out if her plan..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus has updated their website, the mate 10 pro is now out of stock.

Good call, considering they can't fulfill or at least provide a reliable ETA for the existing orders.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

funny thing is that we actually went to store to get this phone on $59 plan. We were told that I could get MATE 10 pro in store in stock but on a higher plan worth $79 or more as this $59 christmas plan was only for online / webchat orders for existing customers. So I went online and ordered and there is no ETA on delivery as there is no stock. But somehow the stores had some stock last week to give to new customers coming to Optus. I do hope that Optus fixes this stock issue ASAP and deliver all the back orders before new year. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi guys and girls, I've got my order now and I can say the phone is incredibly good. Coming from the iPhone 6plus it's a change but this phone is so much faster, hold out and wait it's worth it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

ordered huawei mate 10 pro on 11/12/17, be told it would arrive in 2 days.

contacted Optus on 13/12/17

be told: will arrive in 3-5 days

contacted Optus on 16//12/17

be told: It is on backorder, new stock will arrive 18/12/17 and I should receive by 20/12/17

Received Optus sms on 19/12/17, confirmed my phone will be delivered on 20/12/17

contacted Optus 20/12/17

be told: it is out of stock, no eta and can’t promise delivery date.

lodged complaint to TIO

next will lodge complaint to ACCC for false advertising 

angry optus customer 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Again my point. Just be upfront.. don't get the customers hopes up.. 

Looks like Optus marketing is doing well too... Saw an ad for the new Huawei Mate 9.. a step ahead.. this morning watching the EPL

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Just had an acquaintance walk into an Optus store as a new customer and was handed the phone on the spot. Always good to know a company treats their existing customers like trash

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

What burns me is I've been trying to back order the phone all week, but there is NO option to even back order. Funny though, you can back order the Samsung S8. So Optus seems to have different rules and conditions for different phones. And the fact they have a promotion at the moment which you cannot even Back order is just ludicrus. Its pretty much false advertising. It would be like Toyota advertising a Camry for a $5000 discount, but failing to tell anyone they don't have stock so you cant apply for this deal.

They told me I could get the same deal for an IPhone 8+ for $5 more ( which isn't advertised ) but only if i take a new number... like WTF?

Its a BS promotion IMO.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

I am incredibly frustrated as I had placed my order at 12:30pm Tuesday 19/12 at which time I was shown the "Available Now" status. On Thursday, I called up customer support and spent an hour waiting in queue to be advised that Optus had no idea of the expected timeframe for delivery which reflects extremely poorly on your firm. Currently, my online tracking shows that your warehouse is still awaiting stock.

Keep in mind, your website states next business day delivery provided the mobile is ordered before 1pm. Now you're advising me of a potential delivery date in Jan, which is another month following my order.

At this point in time, I am considering contacting the ACCC and reporting your company for misleading conduct and false advertising under the ACL provisions (s 18). So please, kindly give me an appropriately accurate and reliable time frame for delivery, before I have to take further action.

Regards,

Ronny Cheung