cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Huawei Mate 10 Pro - charged on the 2nd month when it's not supposed to

Just when I thought that my satisfactory level with Optus had reached the bottom.

Optus just keep on disappointing.

I ordered Huawei Mate 10 Pro last December.

Despite the text message that I and most people from this thread received last December, saying that as a gesture to apologise for the delays etc, the 2nd month bills will be waived.

Guess what happened this morning, I received an invoice for Mate 10 Pro for 2nd month.

To put salt onto my wound, Optus has added $2 "Account Charges".

The "Account Charges"  turned out to be for printing the paper invoice. I have never been notified of such charge (I double checked every single emails from Optus)

I never had the option to opt-out when I submitted my order with Optus through the self service.

After searching for 15 minutes, I finally found where to opt-out paper billing

I guess it's just a plain and simple cash-grab by Optus for every single customers that just joined with their network.

Unless if the customer carefully check their online account and with much luck, found a footprint saying that paper billing will be charged for $2.20.

Please waive my 2nd month billing.

Text Message from Optus that I received on the 20th of Dec 2017

"OPTUSMSG: Hi there, due to high demand, there has been a delay with your Huawei Mate10 Pro delivery. Your new phone will be delivered by approximately 29th Jan 2018. To apologise for the wait and thank you for your patience, we'd like to waive your access fees for 1 month (applied by your second bill). We're hoping you'll stay with us but if you need to cancel your order, please call 1300 number. Thanks Your Optus Team"

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Huawei Mate 10 Pro - charged on the 2nd month when it's not supposed to

Hi @Musemellow - thanks for taking the time to write this up. I can see Dan has responded to your PM & applied a credit to your account. Terribly sorry for the experience. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Shauna

Is this the right action to take for this scenario? It seems that issues are resolved here far more often than through other channels.

I went to live chat this morning and the operator wasn't overly helpful. They required a copy of the SMS, which obviously I received on my old handset, and no longer have. Then proceeded to give me a bunch of reasons why they shouldn't help me.

Should I just pm Dan with my details as well?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

I've replied back to your private message @joshf2.

The credit has now been applied 🙂 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy